Chapter 32: Convoluted Craving

Ian reached his arm out in the hopes of caressing Tara's silken flesh only to find nothingness. His eyes opened from a blissful sleep to looming confusion. He scanned the room but found her nowhere. Her clothes which he had wildly removed the night before, were no more in a disarray on the floor. Ian instinctively knew she was no longer in his apartment. Ian didn't know what to make of that. His first impulse was to give her a call and ask why she had left without a word but he decided against it. As sure as he was that she had left, he still wanted to be certain that he wouldn't find her in some remote corner of his gigantic penthouse. Ian scooted out of bed and grabbed his trunks off the floor, putting them on in a quick, swift motion. He then made his way to the living room. He noticed a tray daintily placed on the kitchen counter while scanning his living space. It carried a plate of toasted bread with jam, neatly wrapped in cling film, and a glass of juice. The tray also held a note --
'Gone to Blossoms, will call later.' It said.
The breakfast was a sweet, thoughtful gesture; the note felt impersonal, almost mechanical. Atleast he knew that it was work that had made Tara leave in such a hurry, but even as he looked at the time, he knew that it was still rather early for her to be at work. Maybe she felt awkward about last night?! He fervidly wished that it was not so because after last night, the feelings that he had for her had grown deeper, stronger. He knew he couldn't give her up now; not after the way she had responded to his touch, not after her own admission of interest. She was his. It felt so strange acknowledging this to himself. He had wanted her for so long, with such deep longing. To have finally had her physically, made him feel only slightly at ease because he still didn't have her wholly. She was still Jake's girlfriend. They hadn't discussed anything regarding their future and he was still not sure what she wanted, moving forward. One thing he knew for certain now was that he wasn't letting go. Never.
She had driven him wild with need. He had taken her again and again and it still hadn't been enough for him, he wanted to consume her, completely, entirely. Make her his. Only his. And then he wanted to spend night after night with her in his bed, fucking her, devouring her, leaving her so full of him that all she could ever think or imagine was him, him with her, in bed, all day, everyday...!
It scared him, what he felt for her -- it was obsessive and intense. And did she want any part of it? He had so many unanswered questions and an absent Tara to further convolute his dark imagination. Tara, Tara, Tara, Tara...everything, every emotion played in his head over and over, like an erotic symphony and his blood pumped fervently in his veins. What are you doing to me, Tara? He had to consciously control his emotional angst. He might just have to go see her before he headed to his office.
Ian knew he had to go talk to Jake. He didn't want to divulge to him the fact that he slept with his girlfriend but he did want to let him know that he was interested in Tara. How could he not tell him now? She had possessed him completely. He knew that things were not going to be easy now but he felt he had to discuss everything with Tara before going to Jake. He knew she would want that. He, however, felt impatient -- to know how she saw him now, to finally tell Jake about his feelings, to have Tara in his arms, only his arms.
Tara had left so suddenly in the morning. He had wanted to hold her, but she had wanted to get away...from him? The confusion was deeply unsettling, discomposing. He decided on a shower; he didn't want to think about the difficult circumstances over and over again.
Ian stood under a rain shower head; his hands were supported against the hard marble wall as water trickled down his naked, golden frame. His bent head soaked as gushing water cleaved down his wide back and buttocks down to his ankles. His tense muscles flexed as they drenched and soothed and his mind - imagined Tara, naked and willing. Their perspiring bodies entwined in a wild rhythm, their heavy panting and their kissing, with tongue. Ian's hand that rested flat on the marble balled into a tight fist. He felt so hot, he was in a shower and he felt as though his body had caught on fire. She did this to him. He wanted to do this to her. He felt himself go hard. He was going to have to go see her now.