Epilogue

You watched as Belle chased after Dolly into the park. You struggled getting out of the car.

"Woah, there, babe. Wait a minute." Bucky rushed out of the driver's seat and to your side helping you out of the car.

You sighed, "Thanks. Ugh. I just want these boys outta me already!" You gestured to your very large stomach, "I looked like a swallowed a planet when I was pregnant with Isabelle. But with the twins, I looked like I swallowed and entire galaxy!"

Bucky chuckled as he shut the car door and locked it. He took your hand and kissed, "Yes, but you're still as beautiful as ever."

You rolled your eyes, "Shut up, Barnes."

Bucky smirked, "No, Mrs. Barnes." Bucky kept a reassuring hand on your lower back and arm as you waddled to a park bench.

You sat down on the bench with a grunt. Bucky joined you and you both watched as Belle played frisbee with Dolly. You had a smile on your face. Eleven years old and Belle was beautiful and smart and headstrong. You were so proud of the girl she was becoming.

"She grew up so beautiful. Just like her mother." Bucky said.

You faced him and you swiped some hair out of his face, "I don't know. I think she got her good looks from you. I mean, have you seen yourself? You're like the human version of the David sculpture!"

Bucky laughed, "Doll, you're too much."

"Dad! Can you play with me?" Belle called out.

Bucky looked at you silently asking for permission. You nodded, "It's not like I can play with her."

Bucky nodded and kissed your temple, "Love you," and he ran off into the field to play with Dolly and Belle.

A smile still rested on your lips again. You watched as Bucky ran from Dolly since he had the frisbee. Belle laughed as Dolly continued to jump for the toy. Bucky then ran up to his daughter and picked her up and spun her around. Both of their laughter filled your ears.

This was your life now. You and Bucky were married and you had a family together, a family that was still growing. Twin boys, Steven and Nathan, named after the people that helped you during your hardest times. You couldn't wait to see them running around with their big sister and father.

Bucky? Bucky had proved to you just the man he was meant to be. He was soldier, a police officer, a protector, a father, a husband, a lover. Everything that made him your Bucky. With how well things were now, you didn't resent the 7 years that Bucky missed from Belle's life, not anymore. Because without those 7 years of absence, you wouldn't be where you are now: living happily ever after.