However, Jung Jia's stubbornness far exceeded everyone's expectations. Even though Jungkook and Old Wu who played good cop bad cop, she still remained quiet even after half an hour.

It was already 3 in the morning and Rosé had ordered some takeaway as everyone gathered in the big conference room and ate casually. Jungkook ordered them to detain Jung Jia for a few hours, then asked everyone to rest for a while before walking outside alone.

It was dead quiet in the pitch-black compound of the police station. Jungkook leaned against the corridor with his tall body, then took a cigarette out from his pocket, but as he was about to light it up, he heard light yet familiar footsteps approach him from behind.

He looked up and watched Lisa walking over quietly, then burst out laughing. "Just one."

Lisa nodded and walked to his side. She leaned against the railing as she was thinking about the case as well, and kept quiet.

Jungkook's heavy heart from dealing with the case was instantly relieved as he observed how the petite figure naturally followed him and stayed by his side. He had a thought and tossed the lighter to her. "I'll keep my word, so you'll be keeping this for me from now on."

"Oh."

Jungkook chuckled and added on, "But light this for me first."

Previously, Lisa used to light cigarettes for Mingyu, so she was still quite familiar with what to do. "Cha", a flame lit up, but before she could raise her hand to light it up, Jungkook lowered his head and moved towards the flame with the cigarette in his mouth.

The corridor was quiet and dark, as Jungkook's huge body towered over Lisa. Meanwhile, the orange lights shone on his side profile, which made his angular features even more prominent. Lisa saw this and felt her heart jump.

She had always known that Jungkook's looks were above average (However, he was still too tall and too muscular), but his face did not stand out to her. His face and Old Wu's face were no different to her.

Perhaps it was due to the strange harmony of the dim street lights outside and the bright lights of the compound. Maybe it was the stillness of the night that made her enter a trance, but the moment he lowered his head and inched closer to her, he looked bold and sturdy. It made her notice him in a way that she never had before.

She continued to stare at him as Jungkook straightened his body and took a puff, then he looked back at her. "You should go sleep for a while too."

Lisa quickly turned away and lowered her head whilst claiming that she did not need to. She silently took deep breaths to steady her heartbeat that was going out of control and she quietly chanted to herself, 'Desire for food and lust is just a part of human nature, desire for food and lust is just a part of human nature.'

The two of them stood for a little longer, then Jungkook ashed his cigarette. "Let's go, we'll talk to Jung Jia again."

The hearing room was bright and quiet. Jung Jia could not maintain her posture of sitting upright anymore, so she soon found herself lying down on the table with her head buried in her arms and her sleeves drenched in tears. When she heard the sound of her door open, her heart tensed up and she looked up to see Jungkook and Lisa.

Jungkook's face was dark and he looked unusually strict. Due to his cold expression, his normally attractive face now gave off a terrifying vibe. Jung Jia looked at him then instantly lowered her head as her heart trembled.

Although Lisa did not have much experience interrogating suspects, she could figure out what was going on - Jung Jia had an obviously fragile mental state, so right now she was trying hard to support herself. Jungkook intended to interrogate her aggressively, so as to break down her mental defense.