Chapter 9 | "now i'm pissed"

"Miyeon!" The king called out, going to stand in front of her as she and the other boys dropped into deep bows. "Thank you. We wouldn't have made it out of here without you."

"Of course, your majesty." She replied quickly. "I'm glad you're alright."

He dipped his head to her and exited the room, leaving her alone with the guards, Renjun, and Haechan.

"Miyeon, are you okay? How's your wound? Did they hurt you anywhere else?" Renjun asked, rushing over to her.

"I-I'll be fine. You don't need to worry about me." She stuttered out, feeling her muscles weaken from the pain but not wanting to show it.

"Are you sure? Oh my gosh, you're bleeding!" He exclaimed, seeing the blood drip down her side.

"I-I'm alright, I just-" she cut off as she felt her knees give out, Renjun quickly catching her before she could hit the ground.

"Your highness, she's losing blood, we need to get her to the medic." Jeno said quickly as Renjun easily lifted her small frame in his arms.

"Jun, let me take her." Haechan said, stepping up and holding out his arms. "You have to go check on the royals, I can handle this."

Renjun stared at his friend for a moment, hesitating to hand her over to the boy who'd been stealing her away from him recently. Letting out a sigh, he reluctantly passed her weak body into Haechan's arms, seeing how his friend stared down at her with sparkling eyes, full of concern.

"Don't worry, Yeonie, we'll get you taken care of." Haechan said with a small smile, turning and rushing out of the room with the rest of the guards, leaving Renjun alone to watch them depart.

- - -

"How are you feeling, Miss Miyeon?"

"Much better, thank you."

Miyeon was lying in a hospital bed, her side bandaged up underneath her assassins outfit and feeling refreshed after being given time to rest.

"You're very lucky that Haechan was so quick to bring you here." The nurse said, gesturing to the boy who was sitting next to her bed. "You were losing a lot of blood. If you're feeling well, you're free to leave, just don't take off the wraps and come back if anything goes wrong."

The nurse dipped her head and turned, leaving Felix and Miyeon alone.

"Thank you, Haechan. I could've died if you hadn't brought me." She said, smiling gratefully at the boy.

"Of course! I'm just glad you're okay. That was really brave what you did." He said, grinning back at her.

"It's what I'm here for, I should've been less careless though, I could've avoided that knife if I just thought a bit more carefully." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Don't even start with that, what you did was amazing." He replied with an amused huff.

"Hey guys," they both turned at the sound of a voice, seeing Renjun standing there. "How are you doing, Miyeon?"

"I'm alright. It was a close call, but thanks to this one everything is going to be okay." She said with a grateful nod towards Haechan

Renjun clenched his jaw as he saw them smile at one another, stiffly nodding his head and going over to the side of her bed.

"Well, I can keep her company for a bit, Haechan, why don't you get going?" Renjun suggested.

"Oh don't worry about it, Jun, I'm good here." Haechan replied with a nod.

"Yeah well I have some assistant work that needs to be taken care of."

"Have Yangyang do it."

"Yangyang is busy."

Haechan paused, narrowing his eyes at his friend.

"Don't you have some princely stuff to take care of? I think Miyeon and I are doing just fine." Haechan said with a bite to his tone.

Miyeon watched as the two boys went back and fourth, feeling the tension mounting. She cleared her throat, causing both of them to turn to look at her.

"It Uh, it sounds like both of you are busy. I'll be fine on my own just relaxing for a bit." She suggested with a smile.

"Oh, Yeonie, no it's-"

"She's right Haechan, let's go. Why don't you give her a break." Renjun said forcefully, causing Haechan to glare up at him.

"Fine. I'll see you later, Yeonie."

Haechan rose from his seat and the two boys walked out of the room as Miyeon let out a relieved sigh and picked up her book from her bedside table.

Outside of the medical wing, an angry Haechan walked up to Renjun, spinning him around so they were face to face.

"Okay, what the hell was that about?" Haechan demanded.

"What do you mean?"

"That shit with Miyeon. What's your deal, what was so important that I can't hang out with her?"

Renjun scoffed, rolling his eyes at his angry friend.

"Hang out with her? You mean flirt with her."

"Maybe I'm starting to like her a bit, what's it matter to you? It's not like you like her, and even if you did, it's not like you two could ever be a thing." Haechan replied with a huff.

"Incase you forgot, Haechan, you work for me. And now that I'm expected to keep up with all these duties, I need you to be focused." Renjun replied coldly.

"Focus on what? Doing stupid shit for you? God, Renjun, you're being such an asshole right now." Haechan spat out.

"Hey! How dare you speak to him that way!" Bellowed a loud voice from the end of the hallway as someone quickly approached the two boys. "He is your prince, and you will pay for this disrespect!"

- - -

It had been about an hour and Miyeon was happily reading her book when Yangyang burst into her room, panic written all over his face.

"Yangyang? Is everything okay?" She asked, putting her book down.

"You're allowed to leave now, right?" He asked, ignoring her question.

"Yeah, why?"

"Follow me, quickly." He said with a rushed tone, helping her to her feet and dragging her out of the room.

"Whats going on, Yangyang?" She demanded as they rushed through the halls.

"Just keep walking, it's about Haechan."