Dream looked around for any sign of George. He knew he would be present. 

He would be forced to watch Dream die.

Dream's breaths sped to a rapid pace. Beads of sweat dotted his forehead. 

Dream's life would end in a few short moments.

It's all over.

Dream used to believe it was a cliche to say someone's life flashed before their eyes.

However, the same saying he once denied became his truth.

He remembered his early years playing with Sapnap and his friends. He remembered coming home from school to the smell of freshly baked bread. He recalled the way all praised him for being an excellent assassin in training.

He recalled killing his own family.

He remembered all the victims he mercilessly slaughtered without a second thought. He recollected his first meeting with George when George thought Heaven could talk. He remembered carving their names into the rotting fence. He recalled stargazing with George and playing duets together. He remembered his time with Heaven.

He would miss Heaven. Has she been fed already? How is she doing?

He would miss reading books to escape his reality. He would miss the way George would always be interested in his latest novels.

He would miss George's eyes, his nose, his smile, his hair, his freckles, his personality, but most importantly, him.

Dream ached for George.

Dream was leaving him behind.

If only they had a little more time together. 

They could've gotten away.

They could've lived in a cottage somewhere. Cooking their own food, singing lullabies to each other, and maybe even adopting a cat.

They always fought between best cat names.

Patches or Luca were the choices.

If only they could've-

"I believe now is the time our poor Dream shall face his eternity."

The priest giggled.

A knight stood behind Dream. His hands grasped the rope that controlled Dream's fate.

Instead of crying out, Dream thought of George.

Where was he?

Was he watching?

I hope he isn't watching me die.

Not all wishes come true.

George sat in the back of the crowd. His father stood behind him to make sure he didn't run away.

In the words of his own father, George must learn to move on.

Apparently, seeing Dream die was the only option.

George had lost the ability to cry long ago.

He could have filled buckets with the tears he cried over the last sixteen days.

So now he stood solemnly, careful not to let the threatening tear spill over his eye.

Dream struggled to look around the audience. George noticed his frantic movements.

He's looking for me.

The priest said something George didn't quite hear.

His own thoughts were awfully louder than the chatter of the priest.