“Eww! I’m surprised you don’t have any diseases at this rate Zac.” Aubrey scrunched up her nose in disgust at her brother.

“Hey, just because I go on a date with a girl doesn’t mean she’s gonna get the goods. You think I’m that easy? I need to be persuaded.”

“Whatever. So what am I gonna do? I want to go but Mark’s at work and I don’t want to be a third wheel with the love birds over here.”

“Well, you can go pick up Sage’s little brother and you hang with him.” Zac offered.

“Perfect! Let’s go!”

We ended up picking my brother up from a daycare I enrolled him in, with this newly acquired money. I was looking for a cheaper one, but Blaze wouldn’t accept anything less than the best.  I don’t know what attached him to my little brother but he has a soft spot for him.

Now we were at the zoo, smelling the stinky animal shit, and looking at crowds of people. Lots of girls stopped and ogled at Blaze, and I mean who could blame them? Aubrey and my brother went ahead of us, while Blaze walked at the same pace as me. I could see his face, it was blanked but his eyes were surveying the crowds of people. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I leaned my head on his shoulder, when I heard a click of a camera. I know it’s something I would have to get use to from time to time but I wasn’t expecting it yet.

He leaned down and pecked me on the lips, making my heart flutter and heat to fill my body. No! Stop it Sage! He doesn’t want you. I needed to remind myself that this was all for show.

We managed to find Aubrey and my little brother, and convince them to letting us leave and pick them back up when they were ready. I couldn’t help but stare at Blaze on the way home. I noticed every little detail on his face. His black as night hair, his electric green eyes, his smooth cheek bones with a dash do almost unseen freckles splattered across his nose and cheeks. He lips that were both full and pulled into an almost pout.

“Are you done staring at me?” He asked, curiosity etched in his voice.

“Oh,” I gasped trying to act surprised. “I was? I’m sorry I was just thinking and dazed off.”

“What were you thinking about?”

“How we don’t really know each other,” I shrugged, I mean it was half the truth; the thought did pass my mind.

“I know everything I need to know about you Sage Cassandra Aroem, twenty-two, 5”2, favorite animal is a dog, and favorite show is Made.”

“Hey, Mr. Business man, you learned that from a file…. Which is weird, but I won’t question it. I want to know the real you. So that after this whole…. Situation we can still remain somewhat friends?”

“Oh, uhm yeah. Well what do you want to know?”

I really wanted to know what was going on between him and his father but I wasn’t going to question it at this moment. I would wait a little while longer, because it seemed as if that was family deep.

“My Mother and Grams wants to talk wedding plans with you tomorrow.”

“Oh, okay. So Blaze, what’s your middle name since you know mine?”

“My middle name is Eli. Any other questions.”

“Why did you need to have a temporary wife? I mean why me? Why not any other girl?”

“We discussed this before. I needed a girl who was smart enough not to fall in love with me. Who was smart period. With Zac’s taste I probably would have some blonde bimbo.”