The Drowned Panthers:

Start from the beginning

Faber suddenly ran off just as Maho said, "Wait, what about the other Panther?"

"Konrad's a womanizer. So uh, pretty sure letting him into an all girls school is like throwing a match into a room full of dynamite. Oh, right, h-hello..." Peter waved meekly.

Maho nodded acknowledging Peter and what he just said. "Right, we have a battle against Saunders in just half an hour so quick introductions are in order." Maho pointed to the first Panther crew, who were now scrambling into their tank. "This is Geshiko." Geshiko, a girl with short, light brown hair, nodded as she climbed into the cupola. "Sheska." Sheska waved, she was a girl with long brownish hair. "Leila Rou," Leila, a girl with brown hair tied in two tails waved energetically. "Bauer," Bauer gave a strong nod, she was a girl with shorter, light pink hair and wearing a medical patch over one of her eyes. "Natsumi" Natsumi gave an enthusiastic nod, she was a girl with brown hair with a long braid. "And Koume Akaboshi." Koume gave a short wave as she watched Peter. Peter waved or nodded in return to the greetings, before finally waving at Koume, his bandaged face grinning slightly at them all. Maho continued to give orders. "Peter, you and Koume will share the commander's position, got that?"

Eh? Koume looked at the young boy.

"Don't worry, I've seen his skills on the field. Anyways, I have to go deal with a meeting so I trust you all to live up to this school's title!" and Maho ran off as well, just like Faber had. Peter nervously chuckled.

"Well, I better get my Panther then!" and he left the hanger to get his Panther into position, leaving the six girls to contemplate their situation.

Sheska was the first to talk about Peter. "Huh...I thought having to fight alongside someone like him was rough but co-commander too? You think we'll be alright, Koume?"

As the six Panthers rolled out of the hangar, she saw Peter's iron-cross bearing Panther waiting for them, it's engine rumbling in anticipation. "Well, if Maho made him co-commander, he must be good then." Still, it's pretty weird it's me and him specifically. We'll be up against Saunders' new tanks too...

It was several minutes until Peter spoke again. "Is...something wrong?"

Koume and the rest of the girls snapped out of their trance and thoughts. "Sorry," Koume began to apologize. "It's just that...well we're not used to males in Sensha-do or anything..." and you're probably older too...

Peter seemed to read Koume's last thought. "W-well if it's any consolation, I'm 16, so I'm probably younger than most of you here..." Peter giggled, rubbing his uncombed brown hair. Sheska began to laugh, and soon the others joined in as their Panthers drew near to the place of battle. And here they were worrying about Peter's age, when he was actually as young as them. Finally, they drew up to the battle site. A large open plains are with a large rock formation splitting it in two, with one large opening in the middle. The perfect choke point. The Kuromorimine girls dismounted their tanks, with Peter and his crewmen following suit. They walked to an area off the field where Naomi and Alisa were waiting for them, alongside eight commanders from Saunders and their crews.

"So, you're here." Alisa began. She smiled smugly. "Prepare yourselves, we've got new tanks, like the M-" but Naomi covered her mouth with her hand.

"Well, let's begin? Our tanks are already in place." Naomi scanned the small crowd of her opponents. Koume...she's one of the older students at Kuromorimine, she'll be a priority. Naomi didn't think much else until she finally saw the last commander, and his crew. A guy? Wait...isn't he one of those Stahlratts? The two sides bowed to each other, bidding a good fight, and as Saunders began to walk away, Naomi began to whisper to Alisa. "Do you remember watching that battle between those Germans and Bonple?"