Tokyo Streets

Tokyo wasn't as bustling as Diana had expected, well, not on this side of the prefecture, and certainly not at this time. Diana had lived in Fukushima, Nagano, she'd spent the best part of two years in Ibaraki, she'd been a few places. And though she'd lived in Sweden and Denmark, even spent a year or so in Canada. She opted not to judge Tokyo just yet, she'd barely gotten to know them after all. That being said, the streets of Tokyo where pretty bare, and that was just fine for Diana. Being the quiet, somewhat reserved teen that she was, empty streets were a blessing. An opening to a sequence were she didn't force the tall collar of her jacket half way up her face to shield from the prying eyes that always seemed to find her. But of course, bad habits die hard, and she found herself unconsciously tugging at the hem of her collar anyway, pulling it up to hide the most part of her chin and mouth, occasionally nibbling on the hem with her teeth, yet another bad habit of hers. 

"I's hot.." She mumbled out, quietly, because it was! For her especially. Having lived in the icy, supermarket freezer like plane that was Russia, since birth, she'd gotten used to the high temperature, the icicles, the snow. And Japan, in all it's luke warm glory, was just too hot! The fact that she'd left Russia at the age of twelve didn't help as much as it should've, neither as much as she'd wanted it too. Because five years aside, she never managed to get used to the gleaming sun, and clear skies, and humidness of it all. Who even needed this much sun? Not Diana, that was for sure. She needed snow, and icicles again, or else she swore by the love of her icy origins that she'd collapse! Or worse, die. 

As you can imagine, wearing the entirety of a winter jacket, in the outdoors, in July, on a grueling afternoon, wasn't helping. And Diana was sweating, sweating away an inch of her life, there was so much salt-water coming off her she feared for whatever toddler came running around the corner only to slip on her sweat and have an oh so great tumble...and probably die. Diana found herself wondering if she might have to pay blood money for the accident, would they find her guilty, an eighteen year old halfy found guilty for slipping up toddlers to their death, she wondered how on earth she'd ever get out of a situation like that...Better call her uncle to prep the compensation. Any day now, she thought, she was bound to kill a child be it accidentally or not...ok no, she'd never purposely kill a child. 

"Lets just hope the jury believes that." She mumbled once again. Perhaps she was looking too deeply into it, well, she wasn't about to explain it all to the lil' old lady that she'd just passed, bless her, she had to go all the way home wondering what on earth the teenager she'd passed had said something like that for. Diana grimaced, she'd calm down from then on, chuck that master piece of a plot line back into the depths of her idle mind. She'd worry about it next week.

Halfy, Diana thought suddenly, right, that she was! A half Japanese half Russian child. Her father was the foreigner if you will, eventually falling in love with the lovely woman that was her mother, and wifeing her, quick. She supposed due to her father's origin it was only natural her mother leave with her father, as she could probably imagine her father's frustration at the Japanese climate, unbelievably hot! And so a little Diana was born not too soon after, into a cozy Russian household, and wouldn't you believe it, speaking Russian. She grew up with more than a couple of Babushkas and Dedushkas, and was proud to admit to having many loving Tsyotsinkas and Dzyadzenkas. One of her favorite Tsyotsyushkas had to be Haiba Tsyotsyushka, her aunt that just happened to live in Tokyo with Dianas' Japanese Dzyadzenka and probably Diana's favorite cousin. She'd end up visiting quite a bit in the early years, speaking a mix of both her mother tongue and her mothers' tongue to her little cousin, she was such an annoying cousin, confusing him like that!

Diana stopped herself from walking any longer, feeling the heat practically seeping  into her skin probably in efforts to dry her up to a crisp. And with her heat deluded mind, only remotely found herself able to cross the street and sit at a shaded bench. Heaving and sticky as she was, she eyed a vending machine not too far from where she was, albeit under the sun, it would be worth it.