He places his hand on her stomach and gives it a rub. Then he leans over to add a kiss. He loves her like this, so full of life. Full of their child. But still, she's so tiny and the baby is very big. She doesn't complain, though. She loves being pregnant. He watches her a lot. Watches while she strokes her stomach and cradles it. Talks to it. Sings to it. She smiles a lot, even more so these past few months Cemre has been away. Somehow Emine anne managed to convince Cemre's mother she needed psychiatric help. Emir doesn't know - or care - how she did it. He's just glad Cemre has been out of their lives for months now.

His mother is another story. Emir just sighs forlornly at thoughts of her. The woman just doesn't know when to quit. She has thankfully calmed down a bit since that party. Reyhan hasn't had to deal with her at all since that day she came to the house. He's not sure exactly what Murat bey told her, but it definitely scared her. He knows his mother well. Cavidan Tarhun doesn't scare easily. But Murat bey managed to scare her. Unfortunately Emir doesn't believe this brief reprieve will last long. His mother is up to something. He can feel it. It started right after the incident three months ago. According to Kemal, Cavidan had called the clinic asking about his father, demanding he be brought home. The timing didn't escape Emir's notice. He didn't have to wonder why, after Murat bey threatened her with speaking to Hikmet, his mother tried to bring his father home. She wants him under her control. But little does she know, that will never happen again. His father's surgery was a success and he's been slowly improving. He's starting to be able to move parts of his body again. His speech is still impaired, but the doctors say it's only a matter of time before it comes back as well. And once that happens, Emir is more than curious to see what his father will have to say. Especially about his mother.

But until that happens, his mother is still a problem. She managed to convince Suna to come home from her treatment. And with Suna there, Cavidan is able to manipulate Emir into coming home to see his sister. He mostly goes over there to pick Suna up and take her places where she can freely spend time with him, Reyhan and Ayla. But his mother manages to make sure Suna is never quite ready and he's forced to spend time with her. And every time it's the same old thing:

"That girl is going to hurt you. That girl never wanted you, she only wants money. And now that she has it, she doesn't need you anymore. Mark my words ... you'll see what happens when her "mother" forces her to leave you."

His biggest fear is that his mother will somehow try to make her words come true. It's what she's done in the past. Like that time she said Reyhan was trying to tear the family apart and then came up with that stupid plot to make him force Reyhan to apologize after "slandering" her about slamming her head against the wall. All the while knowing full well she was guilty of everything. And that Reyhan actually never complained about anything. Then there was the time she and Cemre tried to make him believe Reyhan had a secret boyfriend and even found a man to play the part. And even the time she tried to say Reyhan was a gold digger, and once again, came up with a scheme to "prove" it.

But he knows her real face now. And he knows not to believe anything she says about Reyhan, no matter what. He trusts Reyhan and their love above all else. And he will protect her above all else. He's not going to let his mother hurt her ever again.

He smiles when he feels a tiny foot press against his hand. Looks like someone wants to play.

"Let Mommy sleep a bit more," he whispers to her belly, gently patting the large mound. "That's it, my little one. Go back to sleep."

Deciding to take his own advice, he lays back down and pulls Reyhan closer. She instinctively cuddles into his embrace and lets out a sleepy sigh.

"You okay?" she mumbles, already asleep again before he can answer.