4

My face was hot from how much I've been blushing from the few minutes I had been talking to him. 

"I'm a second level shifter." I tried to confidently tell him but it came out more unsure as if I was guessing instead of stating. 

He playfully leaned his face closer to mine with a small smile resting upon his lips. I was staring right into his eyes but was soon distracted by the now noticeable freckles dusting his nose and cheeks. If I was given the offer I would count each one so I could be in this man's commanding presence longer. 

I was slowly melting as his honey eyes beseeched mine looking for something or anything. As irrational as it sounds, I almost felt like the physical me was stripped away and all he saw was the true me. With his wide range of powers it wouldn't be surprising if he could do that.

"Oh little lamb, you're so much more than that." He gave an earnest and somewhat yearning look as he was still bent over with his full attention on me. 

"Don't you think this relationship is going a bit too fast?" I said in a slightly sarcastic tone with a hint of playfulness. I knew the game I was playing was a dangerous one but I couldn't stop myself from trying to be as seductive as I could by tilting my head down and meeting his stare from behind my eyelashes. I could tell he saw through my actions when his eyes seemed to burn a darker gold color. 

•~Arsenio Vitale ~•

"You're not the shy lamb I thought you were, are you little minx?" I grumbled underneath my breathe. This girl would be the death of me I could already tell, but I would rather die at her hands a thousand times over than to have never seen my willow tree again. 

He dark brown eyes held seriousness and demanded respect but she turned out to be quite playful. She was prettier than the last time I saw her. 

Her brown waves were a controlled mess, and the length stopped at her breast. Her tan skin clashed with my pale complexion that of which many mortals compared to the marble of the temples made by them out of fear. Her face held a small amount of what I had assumed to be freckles earlier but look more like dark spots. She had a red tint to her cheeks which I could only assume was from my teasing. 

She was epitome of summer and I was winter. 

She is warmth, she brings light and happiness. 

I'm cold, I bring nothing but despair and barren lands. 

I blinked out of my haze suddenly remembering that my lamb was confused as to why I was staring at her for so long. 

"I'm sorry did you say something?" I asked, wondering if I had missed something while I was too busy being mesmerized by her. It hasn't been that long but she's already managed to make me drop my guard but there was no other person I'd rather be vulnerable with.

"I said 'and you're even more flirtatious than I thought you to be.'" She told me.

My eyebrows rose in confusion at the boldness overcoming my sweet girl even in her past life she wasn't this mouthy. Although I must admit that this will most definitely be fun seeing as she can provide quite a lovely banter.

I felt a smile stretch across my face already having a response for her comment. 

"Look at you getting comfortable when not too long ago you were calling me 'king Vitale'." I mocked her even though she did nothing wrong by addressing me in that way. 

She blushed at my statement knowing that I was correct about her getting comfortable around me, and my did that blush look beautiful dusted across her cheeks. 

Before she could come up with a snarky statement I changed the subject, "So what class are you going to?" I asked innocently not showing a hint of my ulterior motive. 

"Human and and supernatural politics." She said while obliviously but confidently walking the complete opposite way of the classroom. 

"Sorry to break it to you darling but you're heading the wrong way." I said and lightly tugged her wrist in the correct direction. I stared at my hand in disbelief that I had touched her so soon. She probably felt uncomfortable from me touching her, I forget she doesn't know who I am and I have to reintroduce myself again. 

She didn't seem frightened by my sudden physical contact which was a relief. I reprimanded myself in my head and promised to not touch her until she made the first move. 

She'd always liked being in control and anything Valencia wants she will surely get. 

I had hoped she would be in one of the classes I have to 'teach' in order to be discreet of my search for her at this school. She might have one of them later on but her last period of the day is not mine. 

As we continued down the proper hallway I could already see the faculty openly looking at me with curiosity. They knew of my 'situation' with Valencia but I don't think any of us expected her to be so young. I grimaced shamefully at the thought.

They wanted to see what their queen would look like but she is only a princess at this moment in time. d