seven

serena

David gave me a little kiss on the lips, putting our foreheads together after, telling me it was going to be okay. My boyfriend and Michael weakly smiled at us and both left the room.

"Good luck," Skyler spoke to the three of us.

Before we take off, Luke kissed Violet forehead, caressing her cheek. She dropped a tear, not wanting to leave Luke. I held her hand and Ashton, Violet and I got out of the room.

David and Michael were no longer in the corridor which probably meant they got downstairs already. We passed by all the doors, arriving to the stairs. I had a stupid faith that we were going to leave that place somehow, even though some of us were no longer there. And, as soon as we left, we would make justice for our best friends.

Violet gasped as soon as she saw Calum's body again. I pulled her without looking at his corpse. We couldn't stay there crying. We needed to fight. We got downstairs, managing to hear Michael and David's muffled voices in the basement. The door was still closed and locked and Ashton tried his best to open it, failing miserably.

"This is bullshit." I lost my mind. Angry, I kicked the door. "The house is super old, but the door looks like new. And it wasn't like this when we were here yesterday, was it? Am I going crazy?!"

Violet withdrawn herself from us, getting to the living room. I asked what she was doing, getting ignored. There was something covered with a sheet and Violet pulled it, finding a brown wood trunk with a little unlocked lock. She opened it, finding a bunch of old pictures and other stuff from the couple who lived on the house that, somehow, manage to stay intact.

Ashton and I both checked a shelf, finding only books and a little closed box. We slowly opened the box, finding three bullets. A smile arrived at our faces. Luke had a gun, we had bullets. Hopefully, it will work.

"I am going to the kitchen." Violet put the bullets on her pocket. "Keep searching for something that could help us opening the door."

In the wood trunk there was a key, although it was too little to the door. We tried anyway, but we knew it wouldn't work. Ashton sighed. "I am going to meet Violet by the kitchen, will you be safe alone?" he questioned. I nodded. Ashton left me alone in the living room.

I was really worried about David. With everyone, of course, but they were alone in the basement. Soon as Marcia got nearby, she was shot, and she didn't even walk that far, I think she didn't even left the staircase at any point. They could already be dead and we wouldn't know.

A little noise sounded and I turned my head extremely scared, however it was nothing, I thought. Violet and Ashton were still investigating the kitchen.

"Please, no." Ashton's voice left in a mutter and, when I glance to the kitchen, I saw Ashton lying on the floor and Violet crying against the countertops. I ran to them.

"What the hell happened?!" I yelled, gasping as soon as I spotted Ashton with a scissor in his neck, spilling blood on the floor. "Ash. Ashton." I choked, kneeling beside his body, not knowing what to do.

"R-run," Ashton chocked before letting it go.

"No, Ashton. Please." I cried out. "Violet, what happened?!" I kept yelling, running to Violet and putting my hands on her face when she didn't respond, just cried. "Did you saw who did this?!"

"I don't know," she outcried. "We were here and then I look, and Ashton has a scissor on is neck and falls and-"

I pulled her for a hug. Violet kept crying non stopping. I couldn't believe all of this was happening. This person could have killed Violet, but no. This person, or people, went there and stabbed Ashton on his neck while Violet was off-guard. At least, it was the only thing I could came up with. We were going to be killed one by one.