Grego Farm

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

JUNE 28, 2019

Despite the fact she was about to meet Death, Olivia remembered a line from a Taylor Swift song. “I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.” That’s how she’d describe Sin.

Olivia thought she was an ally. Her aura promised safety. “I guess, I was wrong,” she thought gloomily.

She was tired physically and emotionally. Maybe accepting death could end her torment.

“Olivia…” Death’s tone was delightful. Like he was welcoming her.

She was standing before him as the wind blew more. Her body shuddered.

Katapusan na ba nya? Ngunit nang gumuhit isa-isa sa isipan nya ang mukha ng mga kapamilya at kaibigan, gusto pa nyang mabuhay. Bakit sya nasa ganitong sitwasyon?

Rage started to form within her. She balled her fists in anger. She refused to die.

Olivia gathered all her remaining strength and threw a very quick flying punch at Death, who seemed to be startled but managed to dodge her attack. She didn’t give up and launched a strong roundhouse kick which connected to- she thought- Death’s jaw.

Olivia frowned when Death stumbled and landed on his butt.

“Ow!” He sounded hurt.

She turned to Sin, who laughed out loud. “That was amazing Olivia.” She even gave her a slow clap and an admiring stare.

Olivia was confused especially when Death removed his hooded cloak and revealed an extremely handsome man with dark unruly hair. His well toned body was covered with a long sleeved white shirt, tailor- fit jeans and black leather shoes.

He threw his scythe beside his cloak on the grass. “’They’re just props I took from douche bags bullying another poor kid,” he explained and flashed Olivia a dazzling smile. “Did I scare you?” He asked when she didn’t return it. “Sorry. I was just kidding you.” Mischief and amusement flashed through his light blue eyes.

“Olivia, pasensya ka na sa kanya. He’s not a threat.” Lumapit sa kanya si Sin. “He’s Boris by the way.”

“Hi, Olivia.” Boris looked happy to see her. “Long time no see.”

Natigilan si Olivia sa sinabi nito. Kilala rin sya nito? Bakit maraming nakakakilala sa kanyang hindi nya kilala? Kahit tanungin nya ang mga ito, wala syang makukuhang kasagutan.
Sinong magpapaliwanag sa kanya ng mga nangyayari?

“Hinihintay ka na nya,” seryosong sagot ni Boris sa katanungan nya. “Lakarin mo lang pababa ang burol na iyan, naghihintay na sayo ang sasakyan mo.”

Nababasa nito ang isipan nya? Bago pa man makapagtanong si Olivia kung sino ang naghihintay sa kanya, nagsalita na si Sin.

“Bakit ganyan ang suot mo?” Nagdududa ang tingin ni Sin kay Boris.

“Dahil kakausapin ko ang angkan nina Lucinda. Kailangan mukha akong kapita-pitagan,” sagot naman ng nakangising lalaki.

Umismid si Sin. “Mukha kang aakyat ng ligaw. Lalandiin mo na naman si Lucinda. Hindi sya papatol sayo.”

“I am confident with my charm.” Then Boris turned to Olivia. “I would go for you but your heart already belonged to someone else.” He shook his head regretfully.

Her heart belonged to someone else? Napakunot ang noo ni Olivia.

Sin sighed. “Gusto mo bang samahan kita?” Seryosong tanong nito sa lalaki bago pa man maibuka ni Olivia ang bibig nya.