Lisa pondered for a while before answering. "Stressful family issues. Are you saying that her husband might have had an affair?"

"I can't say for sure, but it's a possibility."

The two of them fell silent for a while as Lisa looked at the wisp of smoke dancing coyly around Jungkook's fingers. "What about you? Why do you smoke?"

Jungkook's gaze also fell on the cigarette that was quietly burning in between his fingers.

He started smoking when he first entered the Criminal Police Unit. He was in his early twenties when he was forced to face corpse after corpse. He ended up in terrible shape and had insomnia due to the cases, which was why he turned to cigarettes. Later on, it became a habit and he continued to smoke from time to time. He could not cut the habit, but also never even gave quitting it any thought.

Those fleeting thoughts passed through his head for a brief moment before Jungkook looked at Lisa and asked, "Why, you don't like me smoking?"

Lisa looked at him, slightly shocked.

In her heart, Jungkook had always been a superior, a mentor, a colleague, and a senior worthy of her respect, but she had never thought of him as, 'Jungkook is a twenty-eight-year-old handsome, single man who is closely associated with me.' Even so, she still felt that Jungkook's words were a bit off. They were almost like... a tease from a man to a woman?

The strange thought quickly crossed her mind as Lisa subconsciously looked at Jungkook's eyes and observed his expression. Nonetheless, since Jungkook was such a matured and experienced person, she was never able to see read his emotions. At that moment, all she could see was the calmness and coolness emanating from his eyes.

Lisa naturally felt relieved and concluded that there was no deeper meaning behind what Jungkook had asked - he was literally asking her whether she liked his smoking habit or not. Hence, she nodded. "I don't like it. It's best that you don't smoke since it endangers your health."

When Jungkook was about to reply Lisa's phone rang. It was a notice from the secretary that they could now meet Kim Jiseok.

Based on their information, Kim Jiseok was the second son of another renowned entrepreneur in the city before he married Jung Jia. Aside from that, he also held a master's degree from Europe. At the moment, he was responsible for a real estate spinoff of two joint ventures, the project's potential for revenue was so high that he essentially dominated half of the Jung Group.

His office, on the other hand, was painted with cold tones which made it seem sturdy, extravagant and luxurious. Kim Jiseok wore a jet black suit and turned around slowly under the lights. There was a joyous look on his face as he greeted them. "Officers, sorry for the wait."

Even Lisa, who was not easily moved by men's charm, was slightly stunned when she first saw him. This was because both his looks and demeanor were extremely polished and he was radiating with the elegance of a mature man.

"Mister Kim, sorry for bothering you." Jungkook smiled and shook his hand. As Kim Jiseok looked at him, his smile widened. "Detective Jeon, It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Lisa looked at Jungkook's handsome and pronounced side profile, which was different from the strong aura given off by Kim Jiseok's gestures. Jungkook looked very collected and natural, which made him seem much more grounded. There was a hint of a reserved steadiness in the way Jungkook moved that was missing in the other man.

When questioned about his itinerary that night, Kim Jiseok was unflustered. "I had a meeting until eight in the office that night and reached home before nine. As for my alibi after that, I really can't provide any."