CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX: MARRIED COUPLES?

· · ──── ·𖥸· ──── · ·

"Come along now" The woman says

Quickly, I had snapped back to reality as her loud and sharp voice reached my ears and not wanting to keep Mr. Mafia waiting any longer, I decided to follow along as she made her way towards the exit.

Shortly after, we exited through the door, and I trailed behind Madame Elise as she led me down a long and opulent corridor.

"Here we are," She says. Her voice was heard once more as she came to a halt in front of a door which I paid no mind to until I had seen her hands rose to it and only then had I noticed that the black door stood tall and sumptuous-looking.

!KNOCK! !KNOCK!

Madame Elise proceeded with a few knocks and what came after was a moment filled of silence however, it did not last as a very low and Gravelly voice was heard shortly after.

"Enter" The Disembodied voice spoke and without any hesitations, Madame Elise immediately took my hands in a gentle manner and kidly guided me through the slightly opened door and into the room of no other than the devil himself.

Immediately, My breathing had become shallow and my face glowed crimson red as my feet entered through the door and into his sight. However, Despite my shyness,I found my gaze drawn to him shortly after entering his room, and to my relief, his attention was not on me but rather on a tiny book that he held in his hands and I could not be more thankful—

"Here she is, sir!"In a loud voice, the woman abruptly reports and...that was enough to grab the attention of the busy man.

At this moment in time, I could feel my body freezing as he lifted his head away from the tiny book in his hands and brought his gaze to me and genuinely afraid to meet him, I immediately looked away and to the floor.

*Ahem*

There was a small clearing of the throat coming from Mr. Mafia, who had now his attention on me and I watched from the side of my eyes as he leaned back on the headboard of his bed while closing the book he held.

"Leave" His apathetic voice sounded the room and if I am to be honest, he sounded really mean but I was not surprised. After all, it was Mr. Mariano, so there should be no need to be surprised.

"Oh—okay" I stuttered out and without pausing to look in his direction, I rushed towards the door as I hoped to quickly vanish from his presence. I could feel the relief wash over me as I approached the door, but sadly,....I was unable to disappear. For as my feet were about to exit through the door, A hand suddenly grabbed mine, stopping my actions.

Adrenaline immediately rushed through my body as I panicked for a brief moment before I proceeded to do an action of mine that I would later regret. I turned around to face this person.