Chapter 42 - The Leaky Cauldron

"The Devil and I get along just fine,"

When I woke up the next morning Harry was still asleep

When I woke up the next morning Harry was still asleep. I sat up and forced myself out of bed. I walked over to the bedroom window and looked out across the busy London roads. I stood there for a few minutes, watching the muggles walking in and out of shops. I walked back over to my bed and picked up my phone from the bedside table.

I knew I should probably call my mum. Just as I was contemplating it my phone began to vibrate and my mum's name flashed on the screen. Pulling my jumper on I slipped out of the hotel room and into the hallway before accepting the call.

"Hi Mum," I said sighing.

"Bella? Thank god you're alright! Where are you?" My mum said angrily through the phone. I scowled at her tone.

"I'm fine mum, Harry's fine as well. We took a bus to London," I said, my voice calm.

"I can't believe you did something so irresponsible! Remus and I have been worried sick!" She snapped making me clench my jaw.

"Listen, mum, You being upset with me wasn't really any of my concern last night or this morning. Harry was alone in the cold and rain and I certainly wasn't going to leave him on his own!" I snapped.

"I understand that But---" She started but I cut her off.

"When we reached London the minister was waiting for Harry. He's booked us a room at the Leaky caldron where Harry and I are going to stay until we leave for Hogwarts," I said. "Fudge got our books and we'll be fine on our own," I finished.

"You can't!-- Look I understand your angry with me for lying to you Bella and I'm sorry but--

"Are you though? Are you sorry? Because you're apologizing for lying to me but I know for a fact you'll do it again, and again, and again," I said cutting her off again. My mum said nothing to defend herself making me scoff before hanging up.

I opened the hotel room door before walking back in.

"Everything okay?" Harry said sitting up from his bed. I smiled at him quickly.

"Yeah, I'm good. How are you feeling?" I asked sitting on my bed. Ares was still asleep and Midnight strolled over to me and sat in my lap. I stroked the black cat softly and she began to purr, her head leaning into my hand. Harry grinned at me.

"Happy," he said making me smile softly back at him.

An odd sort of growling made me suddenly look around confused.

"What the bloody hell is that?" Harry asked putting his glasses on.

"Dunno," I said slowly whilst standing up from my bed. I walked towards the desk in the corner. I realized that the book at the bottom of my pile of school books was growling.