"Nice hair, Yeager!", you commented amused. He scoffed, not really enjoying his assigned role as an Eren-lookalike.

"Where are you going? We're leaving now", he asked you once he realized you were heading the opposite way of the waiting carriages.

"I'm off the mission", you said, a little sad. His eyes widened.

"No, are you serious? So you're telling me I have to 'fourth wheel' with that trio all day", he said discouraged, his hand on his forehead. You giggled, temped to ruffle his wig.

"You'll be fine", you assured him. "Watch over the others for me, all right?", you asked him nervous. He smiled.

"What, you don't care about me?", he asked sarcastic. You nudged him lightly on his shoulder, letting out a little laugh.

"That's not what I meant, stupid. I just know you're capable of watching over yourself", you said confident. He looked taken aback by the sudden sincerity, but quickly shook out of it. The sound of the shouting voices of the Military Police could be heard all the way from the outside.

"I should go then...", he said, fumbling with his feet. You gave him a quick hug.

"Be careful out there, please. She's really dangerous", you said as he nodded.

"Of course Y/N, we'll be back before you know it!", he assured you, walking towards the exit. "Bye!", he waved before disappearing through the vast doors.

~

You had quickly changed out of your uniform and into a light blue dress reaching down to your ankles, with a flowy, white blouse underneath. It felt strange as you rode alongside your comrades without your gear. You kind of felt naked of some sort, used to the weight of your gear as well as the feeling of safety it gave you.

It had been hours since you all arrived at your location, which was an old scout facility that they used to use as a temporary base when preparing for longer exterior missions. You had been stuffed into a room with empty tables, not being told anything about why you were here and why you weren't allowed to have your gear. You knew the reason why of course, but it only made this whole this harder to deal with as you had to hide it from the rest, Connie and Marco posing a threat as you were weak for their persuasive ways.

"My village isn't far south of here, you know...", Connie said lazily after letting out an exaggerated sigh. Both him and Sasha were sitting with their heads propped against their arm as they stared bored out of the window. You were sitting in Marco's lap, your back against his chest, in the windowsill right beside Sasha and Connie's table. To avoid talking as much as possible, you pretended to be tired as you laid closed eyed with your head leaned against Marco's shoulder.

"My hometown is close by too...", Sasha answered him, her tone just as bored and lazy as Connie's.

You wished you were allowed to gear up and join Miche and the rest outside, guarding. You wanted to do something important, not just sit here and listen to your friends slowly going mad. But you guess you're as much of a suspect as the rest here, leaving that option out of reach for you. A pair of eyes in your direction made you squint your eyes open slightly. It was Reiner, however his gaze were hovering a little above you, at Marco. You furrowed your brows as he looked away.

"Hey Marco, didn't you say you were going to talk to Reiner? It's been over a month", you whispered so only he could hear. Marco bowed his head down so his mouth were right by your ear.

"Yeah, I'm planning to once we get back to HQ. This isn't really the place to talk...", he said, leaning the side of his face against yours.

"Damn. Why can't I go visit? We're not even doing anything here, and my mom told me she really wanted to meet you guys in the last letter she sent me.", Connie continued frustrated.