14.) Fury

Natasha and Wanda had flown to New York that morning and settled at the Tower just a few hours before their meeting with Fury was scheduled. Natasha and Wanda sat at a glass table in the meeting room, waiting on Fury to arrive. They had managed to stay clear of Bruce and Rhodey for the short time they had been there

Wanda looked across the table at Natasha, who was leaning back in her chair with her feet up on the table. "How long are we staying?"

Natasha looked up from the phone in her hand. "Just today and tomorrow. But if you want to stay longer, we can. We just have to be back by Saturday."

"What's Saturday?" the younger woman asked.

"Clint said that's when the realtor was free this week to look at houses," Natasha explained.

As Wanda opened her mouth to talk, the glass door opened, and Fury walked into the room. "Ladies," he said before setting a file on the table.

"Fury," Natasha said as she put her feet on the floor and sat up straight. She set her phone to the side.

Wanda let her hands drop to her lap as he looked at her soon-to-be former boss. She gulped back her nerves about the conversation that was about to be bad.

"Did you make a decision, Romanoff?" Fury asked as he sat at the head of the table.

"Yes. I'm done," she said simply.

Fury raised his brows in surprise as he let out a dry chuckle. "Really?" he asked. "Are you sure about that? We could work out something if you don't want to go on as many missions as we discussed. You can have a similar contract to Clint if that's what you're after."

Natasha was silent for a moment. The offer was tempting, but when she glanced over at Wanda and saw the nervous look on her face, she knew what she had to say. "I would rather just retire."

Fury looked over at Wanda. "Why are you here exactly?"

Wanda looked down at her hands, nervously fidgeting. "I wanted to retire for a while now, and I thought since you two already had a meeting set up, I would tag along to tell you that I was done, too."

"Both of you are retiring?" Fury asked before sighing. "I can't lose two of my most important agents."

"I didn't think I was an important agent anymore," Wanda said matter-of-factly. "You haven't even bothered to talk to me since I got back, let alone ask me to go on a mission."

"I was trying to give you the space we all knew you needed... and after the stunt at S.W.O.R.D. I knew if I called you in on anything, they wouldn't be very happy with me." Fury explained.

"But you had no issue calling Natasha."

Fury sighed before grabbing the file that he brought with him. "Everyone was nervous about putting you on a mission, Wanda." He said before opening the file up and sliding it over to her. "When I heard you would be here, I pulled this."

Wanda grabbed the file, looking at it with confusion before she started reading it over.

S.W.O.R.D. INCIDENT REPORT:

STATUS: CLASSIFIED
RESTRICTED ACCESS: LEVEL 5
FILED: DIRECTOR HAYWARD

Persons Affected: Director Tyler Hayward, Agent Linda Rodriguez, Guard William Stamford, Guard Steven Phillips, Guard Sara Williams, Scientist Linda Gibbs, Scientist Rodger Howard, Scientist Amelia Adams, Scientist Joseph Creed.
Persons Responsible: Agent Natasha Romanoff, Agent Clint Barton, Agent Wanda Maximoff.
Items Destroyed: Armed doors 1A, Lab 3F, Observatory windows.
Items Missing: The Vision body.