nijuuni - 22

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Sweat trickled down her forehead and she had lifting her head up so fast, that she almost hit her head. Heavy breaths were heard in the room as the Y/n had just woken up from her nightmare - a memory.
In a state of confusion, the girl scanned the familiar room.

"THUMP THUMP", her heart beat was rampaging in her chest, making it seem as if it could burst out any minute from now.

'What?! I can't remember getting into bed.' the clocks in her head turned, 'Did I faint or am I just imaging that. No... I definetely did... So.. who was it who brought me to bed exactly? Oh well, that's a conspiracy for another day : it would be quite embarassing if I went around asking everyone who saw me looking shit asf slumped on the ground like that.' her face grimaced as she internally cringed at the thought.

Getting up seemed normal for her : her body must have woken up by itself at the right time, right?

A hashira's duty was to wake up at 5am sharp and at 6am some days for an extra rest. The only exception to that is if one is hurt/wounded badly : the Hashira are the most important force of the Demon Slayer Corps, you don't want them dying from their wound not being able to heal.

As she peered open the blinds, the sun was as bright as day and blinding light was escaping through the gaps of the blinds. Only one thought was running through her head, was she late? Doom settled upon her as the thought rose.

Who knows what could happen to her if she overslept? Moreover, what could happen to others?

Immediately, she put on her slayer clothes and brushed her hands and teeth as she checked up on her skin, washing it.

She ran out of her estate at the speed of light (sonic go BRRR) because she didn't want to be more late than she already was.

"Y/n!" shouted a certain someone...

An old man white-haired freak, that's what she likes to call him.

"Huh?" Y/n looked up to meet the boy's eyes.

"You total fool! Do you even realise the time?! It's 3pm!," said Sanemi, "You're lucky your mission is later tonight.." he muttered.

"Huh.. what was that?!"

The girl was shocked and angry : there's no way she could be so late

The girl was shocked and angry : there's no way she could be so late ... but judging by the bright-blue sky, she could clearly tell that he wasn't lying. Also, did he just call her a fool?! Every logical person knows she isn't one.

"You heard me! Get to the headquarters as soon as, Oyakata - sama wants you there." hissed Sanemi.

"Alright, I'll be on my way there." she replied, rolling her eyes as she walked away, as Sanemi glared into her back.

" she replied, rolling her eyes as she walked away, as Sanemi glared into her back

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

At the headquarters, Oyakata- sama was there.

"Kimūra, Greetings. Please, take a seat," welcomed Oyakata-sama as he smiled, "I'm sure that you have heard of Rengoku's upcoming mission for today, I'd like you to join him."

'Wow! I hardly ever get to go on missions with Kyojuro, must be important.' thought Y/n, already sensing danger.

"There has been an unfortunate spike in the number of deaths in the Mugen train. We suspect it to be subject of 1, if not more, of the 12 Kizuki. You immediately need to head to the station where you will meet Rengoku."

"Of course, master." the Gambling Pillar left shortly after that, ready to do her duties of saving people, even if it meant sacrificing her own life in the process.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Thank you for all of the people who are showing their support to this book by voting, it really lets me know if you like the story or not.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂