-·=»‡«=·- 𝕜𝕒𝕣𝕝 -·=»‡«=·-

»❝home❞ —edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros

Karl awoke to a light tink sound within his room. With a groan and a rubbing of his eyes, he sat up slowly and checked the time on his phone. 1:03am. He tiredly searched around his room to see what had woken him up, but nothing came to mind.

Tink.

Karl's head snapped towards his window. He slipped out of bed and made his way over, unsure if it was just a tree branch during a windy night or a bird repeatedly running into the glass. Either way, he was curious, so he pushed aside his curtains and slid open the window.

Peering over, Karl was surprised to see a familiar face on the sidewalk below. Sapnap held a finger up to his lips with a big smile on his face. Karl had never seen him smile like that before.

When Karl looked closer, he realized that Sapnap had a pile of small pebbles in his hand. He couldn't help but giggle to himself at the sight. It was cute.

Carefully, Karl left his bedroom and snuck downstairs. Making his way through his house wasn't hard, his father was a heavy sleeper. So he had no worries when he opened the front door and ran across his lawn, approaching Sapnap with another giggle of his.

Sapnap's smile only seemed to widen at the noise. "What're you giggling about?"

Karl shrugged and blushed slightly. "You just looked like a jock out of a teen romance movie," He replied with a snicker.

Sapnap rolled his eyes and gave Karl a playful nudge on the shoulder. "Whatever, follow me."

So Karl did. He didn't ask any questions, even though he was curious, he quite liked the adrenaline that came with the unknown. And even as they made their way across their small town, they never once broke their smiles, constantly laughing with one another about the tiny things in life. It was refreshing.

"I have a baseball game next week," Karl announced.

Sapnap looked over at him in interest.

Karl smiled sheepishly. "I was wondering if you'd come."

Sapnap bit his lip slightly and shrugged, looking at his feet. "I'll think about it."

Karl giggled. "That's not good enough. Please come?" He asks with a bit more of a pleading tone.

Sapnap seemed a bit hesitant, but he said, "Okay, I'll go."

Karl wasn't convinced. "You're not going, are you?" He pointed out with disappointment.

That seemed to bother Sapnap, because he looked back at Karl with an offended expression and insisted, "I'm going!"

Karl shook his head. "You have to promise me."

Sapnap thought for a moment. Karl could practically see the cogs turning in his head when he held out his pinky. "I promise."

Karl felt his heart soar as he hooked his pinky around Sapnap's. "You break a pinky promise," He warned.

"I would never."

The night air was cool, but Sapnap's presence made Karl warm. He was nervous around the other, something about having a crush on him and him making the first moves just made his heart skip a beat. Maybe it was the street lights beating down on him, or the hoodie Karl was wearing, but he was really really hot.

"Ranboo is throwing a big party too. I was hoping you would go with me."

Sapnap looked over at Karl with skepticism. "I found you crying at the last one."