˜"*°•.˜"*°• 𝕤𝕒𝕡𝕟𝕒𝕡 •°*"˜.•°*"˜

»❝riptide❞ —vance joy

Sapnap was really regretting letting this kid follow him home.

Karl would point out every small detail of the neighborhood, such as the broken glass on the streets or the sickly stray animals making their way around the block. The number of times that Sapnap had to remind Karl that they had rabies was exhausting. He was ready to scream at Karl when they stopped for the fifth time.

"Wait!" Karl had called out, kneeling down on the sidewalk.

Sapnap didn't even look back. "I'm not waiting," He snapped.

"But it's an injured kitten!" Karl protested. "It's leg looks broken. We can't just leave it here!"

Sapnap was done with Karl's shenanigans. "If you love it so much, why don't you bring it with you?" He said sarcastically with annoyance.

Karl didn't reply after that. Sapnap felt a sense of relief flow through him. Hopefully, the other brunette would just drop the subject. But when he looked over, he was surprised to see that Karl was following him with a black kitten in his arms.

"I was being sarcastic!" Sapnap exclaimed.

Karl glared at him. "It's a baby! If we leave it out here, it'll die!"

"That's the circle of life," Sapnap declared with a frown.

"You're just evil," Karl argued.

Sapnap didn't reply. He was too tired to deal with this. It wasn't his problem anyway. If Karl wanted to keep a stray cat, that was fine with him. At least he wouldn't be the one to deal with its rabid bites.

"Do you have a first-aid kit at your house? I think I know how to patch him up," Karl asked after a few moments of silence.

Sapnap groaned. "Are you serious? You're going to fix a broken leg?" He questioned.

Karl cooed at the kitten in his arms. "I can try," He answered quietly.

Sapnap wanted to say no. He wanted to deny Karl so bad. But when he looked over at the brunette and saw the way he stared at the kitten in his arms, he felt a sense of warmth. "Fucking fine," Sapnap decided with frustration.

It didn't take long for the boys to arrive at Sapnap's home. He didn't live too far from the school. Soon enough, the familiar peeling blue paint could be seen from where they were walking. Sapnap made his way up the driveway and opened the garage using a tucked string.

The garage door pulled up to reveal what looked like a  garage sale. Many miscellaneous items were piled on top of each other, most of them dirty and dusty. Nobody could even see the walls due to the amount of stuff packed into the place.

"Sorry for the mess," Sapnap muttered as he headed into the mini junkyard. He began digging in the corner for something along the lines of a medkit.

Karl didn't seem to hear him. The kid was too busy staring in shock at the number of things stacked up in there. "You don't have cars in your garage," He finally said after a few minutes of observation.

Sapnap let out a hum. "Can't afford 'em," He replied shallowly.

Karl laughed. "But you can afford all of this?" He pointed out in disbelief, gesturing to all of the items that were shoved into the garage.

Sapnap frowned and looked around for a moment. "My mom's a hoarder," He explained shortly. "It's like a type of OCD. She can't help it."

Karl's smile quickly fell. "Oh," He murmured.

Sapnap didn't seem to mind. He simply pulled out a box of medical supplies that he finally found under a bunch of useless plates. He grabbed the folding table that was propped up against the wall and placed it in the center of the garage. He set the med box on the table and looked up at Karl expectantly.

Karl approached the table and laid the kitten down gently, who let out a meow of protest. Sapnap watched as Karl expertly began to apply a splint to the kitten's leg. It was obvious that Karl had experience with what he was doing.

"I can't believe you just picked up a stray cat off of the road," Sapnap sighed.

Karl flashed Sapnap a playful smirk. "I can't believe you were planning on leaving it there," He shot back.

Sapnap couldn't help but smile at Karl's words. He then looked back down at the kitten and watched the procedure quietly. Around halfway through, Sapnap gave in to the urge to reach forward and gently pet the kitten's head. A soft purr escaped the small animal, which filled Sapnap with a feeling of comfort.

Karl's lip curled up at the action. "Aww, look who's secretly a softie," He teased.

Sapnap chuckled. "Shut up, Jacobs."

Suddenly, the door leading to the garage from his house busted open. Sapnap looked up to see his older brother, Dream, standing with a taunting smirk on his face. "Dad says that you can't keep the cat," Dream announced.

Sapnap scrunched up his face. Snitch. "Who said I was gonna keep the cat?"

"The way you're lookin' at it," Dream told him.

Karl gave Sapnap a knowing look but Sapnap ignored him. "So? I was never gonna keep it. Karl's taking it," He argued.

Karl's eyebrows popped up with surprise. "What? I can't keep it!"

Sapnap looked at Karl with annoyance. "Then why the hell did you want to rescue it?"

"Looks like you're gonna have to let it go," Dream decided aloud with a smile. He headed back into the house and closed the door.

Karl gave Sapnap a pleading look. "We can't let him go. He'll die!" He exclaimed.

"What do you expect me to do? Hide it from my family?" Sapnap asked.

Karl didn't have a response.

"Oh my fucking God," Sapnap groaned. "I'm not going to hide it from my dad, Jacobs!"

"You have to!" Karl insisted. "Or else it will die!"

Sapnap opened his mouth to argue, but when he looked down at the kitten, he locked eyes with its piercing blue ones. He gently closed his mouth and reached forward to pet the creature, listening as it purred at the action. Sapnap closed his eyes and sighed. "Fine. I'll hide it in my room."

Karl let out a squeal and tackled Sapnap into a hug.

Sapnap let out a gasp and then pushed Karl off of him. "Okay! Okay, I got it. Now you have to leave before my dad sees you here. He's probably already pissed enough about the cat," He pointed out to the other.

Karl nodded. "Okay, I'll see you around!" He told him as he began to walk away from the garage.

Sapnap rolled his eyes. "I hope I don't see you around," He grumbled under his breath as he tucked the injured kitten into his arms.

Getting this thing into his room was going to be quite difficult.