Episode 3: Chaos Theory #1

You found yourself exhausted from today's events. It was a lot of shit that went down in what felt like weeks. All in one day.

Time travel sucks.

Still, you made it through the day and you saved Kate. Somehow.

Really, you couldn't have done it alone. You had Max to thank for that. But, it was night now. And you were asleep with a slight weight in your shoulder. You were sitting on your bed, your back on the wall, as the credits to some 80's movie played.

It was just something to take your mind off of things.

TJ had messaged you earlier about Kate being taken to the hospital. You were glad that she would be getting some help. Plus, you had to cancel band practice today. The guys understood.

You winced when you felt your phone go off. You slowly opened your eyes to the sight of the barley lit room. Your paintings were all propped up in the corner from showing Max earlier.

Speaking of Max, she was still asleep.

You looked at her and found out that the weight on your shoulder was her. She was fast asleep. Must've fallen asleep during the movie, too.

You looked over at your desk where Kate's rabbit was. You had promised to look after it until she got back.

You felt your phone go off again just as Max's did. She suddenly shot up.

Max: Kate!

She realized she was dreaming and placed a hand on her chest. You slowly touched her shoulder. She turned to you.

Y/N: Hey. You alright?

Max slowly nodded.

Max: Just....today was rough.

Y/N: Yeah. It was.

Max pulled out her phone and saw that it was the group chat. But she only had one message. You had two. One from the group chat, and one from TJ.

Terror: I have something to show you meet me in front of campus

You closed the message and looked at the one TJ sent you.

TJ: You up? Swing by if you are.

You then got another message.

Terror: get dat ass in gear NOW

You just sighed. Your cousin always had a way with words.

Max: I knew Chloe would be all over this. We better get moving.

Y/N: Yeah. I need to swing by a friend's room real quick.

Max: That's fine. I need to get something from my room anyway.

You just nodded. You both agreed to meet each other downstairs and went your separate ways. You headed down the hall towards TJ's room. Once you got there, you knocked.

TJ: Come in.

You opened the door and stepped inside. Their room was mostly bare with just what the school put in it. Besides that, there was a single poster. They weren't in here most of the time anyway.

TJ: Hey.

Y/N: Hey. I got your text.

TJ: Figured.

You walked over and sat down in their desk chair while they sat on their bed. They seemed like they had a lot on their mind.

Y/N: What's up? You seem...bothered.

TJ: I guess I'm still thinking about today. Shit's crazy around here these days. Nathan got expelled.

Max told you about that. Principal Wells asked her for a confession which she gave. She told him the truth about what Kate told her. Bastard got what he deserved for now. Hopefully he'll be behind bars soon.