Episode 1: Chrysalis #3

The Price house was actually pretty close to the school. You recalled Joyce having to drop you and Chloe off before her shift at the Two Whales before you landed the scholarship and Chloe got expelled.

Luckily, you managed to get your car working on your own. No matter how badly David wanted to help. You were grateful Joyce convinced him just to stay away.

That car meant a lot to you, after all.

Chloe drove up to the driveway and parked the truck. You and her hopped out before you helped Max out. She nodded as a thanks and looked at the house while Chloe unlocked the front door.

Chloe: Come on in. Don't be shy.

Max: The house still looks....nice.

Could use a fresh coat of paint, though. Chloe pushed the front door open.

Chloe: Home, shit, house.

Chloe showed Max upstairs while you trailed behind. You would sometimes stop by on the weekends just to see your aunt and Chloe. David, sometimes. When he wasn't being an asshole.

Still smelled like apple pie, though.

Chloe: NY room looks a bit different than the last time you saw it.

Max looked around awkwardly while Chloe sat on her bed. You headed to the corner where your bean bag was waiting. You sat down and let out a sigh.

Felt good to finally relax.

Max: It's cool. At least we can chill out.

Chloe: This isn't exactly my "chill out zone". My step-füher makes sure of that.

You kicked her foot which got her attention. You signaled to Max and Chloe looked over to see the look of confusion and nervousness on her face.

Chloe: Put on some music while I meditate.

Chloe pulled out her tin box and opened it. She pulled out a joint and sparked it up with her lighter that you had bought her a week ago when hers broke.

You watched as Max looked around the room for the CDs Chloe had hidden away. Chloe tapped your shoulder and offered you the joint which you took.

You tool a quick hit and handed it back to her. Max eventually spotted the box under the bed. She slid it out clicked it open. She pulled out the plastic CD case and smiled to herself.

She then noticed the photo inside. The one of Rachel, Chloe, and you. You were sticking out your tounge, Chloe was flipping the bird, and Rachel was just smiling. That was right before you had dyed that streak in your hair. Before she left.

Chloe: Hey, give me that!

Chloe quickly snatched the photo out of Max's hands. Max slowly got up.

Max: Sorry. I wasn't trying to be nosey. Obviously she was a good friend.

Chloe rested her head in her hand as you sat up a bit.

Chloe: That's putting it mildly.

You looked at your cousin slightly concerned. You knew what her relationship to Rachel really was. How the two really felt towards each other. And all the shit they went through.

Max sat next to Chloe and looked at the picture for a moment.

Max: That's Rachel Ambed.....Her "Missing Person" posters are all over Blackwell.

Chloe: Yeah, I put them up.....She was my angel. After my dad died and you moved, I only had Y/N. I felt abandoned. Rachel saved my life.

Y/N: She saved me, too. After she leaned what happened to me, she made sure I was eating everyday. That I wasn't beating myself into a corner.