two-in-one special.*

// og post date: december 20th, 2020. sfw. word count: 3,087. //

~

schaeffer stood in front of the apartment door, staring down at the fifth new door knob of the year. it was nearing noon and she wanted to spend a couple of hours with melissa; she already surprised her sister and brother-in-law early that morning for christmas, so why did she feel a sense of dread at the moment while standing there?
it's because she knew she'd get a gift or two from the bubbly girl. unlike her, carol and ken know schaeffer does not like receiving gifts - it was awkward, it was pointless (especially if she couldn't use the gift), and overall it was annoying to her when others got offended by her blunt reactions.

does that mean she doesn't give gifts for people herself? well yes, but technically no; she will not confess to taking her time to find something a friend or family member of hers would appreciate owning. in fact, she had the tactic to hide the present as if it was a bomb being planted, and hope that the person will find it once she is gone (and, in the meantime, they forget about her getting it for them). she already planted the items she got mister and mrs. davidson, all she had to do was wait until melissa left the room to do her thing then dip from town.
she was invited for dinner at her sister's, but she much rather head back to peip with the ones she works with before it gets too late.

taking in a slow breath, her eyes closed as she did to recollect her vibes, then brought up a tense fist. the knocks were too aggressive but a good indicator on who the visitor was, this proven true as melissa flung open the door with a dorky grin on her expression. she was wearing deer ears and antlers, along with an ugly christmas sweater that had a paw pattern all around it; her face is painted with makeup that was inspired off of rudolph, and for someone who disliked the feminine social role, the colonel thought it was decent.
"you look ridiculous, kid," stated schaeffer, as she strutted past her and pulled off her scarf. carol insisted for her to borrow it for the winter; since she didn't want to worry her sister, she took it.

"hey! is that really the first thing you're going to say to me?" huffed melissa, as she closed her door and crossed her arms. "merry christmas, miss colonel! thank you for not breaking and entering."
"consider that a gift from me to you," replied schaeffer, as she beelined for the kitchen so she could make herself some tea. what she just said made herself smirk, finding it funny she has put up this personality trait that she isn't expected to give away presents. it fit how she was as a person well, so it didn't bother her much at all. as she rummaged through the cold mugs in the cupboard, she heard the girl step up behind her.

she didn't turn around, simply continuing what she was doing as she felt the presence behind her. after the short beats of silence, schaeffer felt something press against her lower back slowly; her confusion and curiosity getting the best of her, she turned her head to peek at what she was doing. in melissa's hands was a box wrapped in red and green paper, a pretty silver ribbon around it and topped with a white bow.
pretending she did not see it, the colonel turned her focus back on opening the container that held her favorite tea. this choice to ignore the obvious gift meant for her, melissa pouted and repeated the action.

"melissa..." she mumbled, putting the lid back on the container then pushed it back into its proper place on the counter. the feeling she previously had when standing outside the door returned, a mix of anger lacing itself throughout her nerves. when she says she hates receiving gifts, she means it.
"i just can't not get you something to show my appreciation! i know mister davidson said you're one of those kinds of people that refuses to accept presents, but please let me do this," said melissa, as her glasses slid down the bridge of her nose. her tone sounded a bit desperate - the younger girl wanted to show her platonic love for her since she never usually does.

extra stories to share. (tgwdlm//bf)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara