Gorilla to the Rescue!

"Oh my, M'lady, 39.3!" Adrien looked very carefully at the little mercury column that displayed the temperature through the glass stick. He cupped a hand on her forehead and looked up. "That's very high, especially considering that you were a block of ice only a little while back." He eyed her with concern and made to get out of his spot on the couch, but Marinette snuggled up to his chest and firmly resisted his attempt to move.

"I'm so cold," she whispered, her teeth chattering.

He smiled softly. "Your body's very warm, Marinette, but probably you're cold because of the temperature. If you let me, I think I saw some paracetamol tablets in the first aid kit over there." He pointed at the little box he had taken the thermometer from earlier, but Marinette's hold on his chest grew stronger.

"Stay," she whispered, burying her face deep in his chest. His cheeks tinged in pink and his eyes widened, but after a minute, his gaze softened and he rested his chin on the top of her head.

"All right, Buginette. I'm not going anywhere." He could feel her temperature going up from her forehead resting against his chest and he would have wanted to reach the first aid kit for getting those tablets. But Marinette was holding on to him as if he was her last safety anchor. He couldn't leave her like that. He really couldn't. So when he felt her arms wrapping firmly around his back, he sighed in defeat and relaxed into her hold. If this was a dream, please don't wake him up.

He had just closed his eyes and rested his chin on the top of her head, feeling with worry how warm her forehead was against his throat, when he felt something tapping him near his right hand. His eyes shot open and he looked in the direction of the nudge he had felt; Tikki and Plagg both were floating near his arm. Plagg held in his paws the box of paracetamol Adrien had wanted to get from the first aid kid and Tikki was holding a glass full of water..

"There, gamin," said Plagg as Tikki continued, "no need to panic."

He smiled brightly. "Thank you guys! Where did you find the water?"

Tikki giggled and chirped, "A kwami has her ways!"

With a little difficulty, since Marinette was leaning heavily against him, he picked up the paracetamol tablets and the glass and moved slightly Marinette, trying to loosen up her hold enough to make her take the medicine. She just hugged him tighter.

"Come on, Marinette, just two tablets and a drop of water. Do it for me," he muttered as he tried to push her back a little. She looked really red in the face and her body felt like boiling in his hands. Her breath was also catching quickly and when she opened her eyes briefly to swallow some water to take the tablets, they looked red and puffy. She did smile though when she sipped the fresh water. "Good girl," he commented and she wrapped her extremely warm arms around his neck and looked at him with glassy eyes. Adrien wasn't sure whether she was seeing him for real or if she was just being hallucinated by the fever.

"I love you, mon chaton," she whispered.

Adrien's heart skipped a beat, his eyes widening in shock. "W-what?" he muttered to himself. She wrapped herself closer to him and rubbed her head against his chest.

"Mhh-hm." She sighed contently. "For... forever," she continued, her voice hoarse, her words all slurred.

An adrenaline rush ran through his body as she said so. His heart was pounding in his throat. "But... the o-other boy?" he inquired, his throat instantly drying up.

"Adrien," she whispered sluggishly.

"Yeah?" he whispered back and his breath caught up because she started drawing small circles on his chest with her index finger and the sole feeling of that was giving him goosebumps.