He could feel the mate bond and for the first time in years, he didn't have the urge to hurt anyone.

It felt strange.

Not bad, but strange.

Finding out his mate was a vampire actually relaxed him.

At least he won't have to worry about any judgment.

"At least we can go on murder spree's together. I'm not feeling too murdery right now but I'm sure that will change" Kai said with a casual shrug.

Kathrine laughed lightly and smiled sarcastically with a small smirk.

"Oh honey I don't have a problem with that. Once you become a vampire we can murder whoever you like" Kathrine said with a shrug.

Kai stopped short, it wasn't like he had never thought about it but he didn't want to lose his powers.

Kathrine could see the hesitation in his eyes and she had an idea of what it was about "if your concern is your witchy juju, don't worry about it. Since you're a siphoner you keep your abilities if you turn. The magic of vampirism actually gives you a constant supply of power" she said as she watched his reaction.

She saw how his eyes shined at the knowledge and the little gleam that she was so familiar with entered his eyes.

Kathrine smirked devilishly, her mate had as much as a craving for power as she did.

"So are you turning tonight?" She asked Kai

He smirked back at her "well when you make it sound so fun how am I going to refuse?" Kai said before walking towards the house.

Kathrine followed with a genuine smile on her face.

She and her mate will get along just fine.

~~~~~~

Lydia laughed as everyone with mates sped away immediately.

She was left with two mates and two very confused vampires from 1903.

"Come on, the others all have mates so they ran off to see them. You can stay with us for a while. At least until you get your bearings" Lydia said as she started walking towards the boarding house.

Damon and Stiles immediately flanked her sides while Valerie and Oscar followed their lead.

"Damon's brother Stefan is a bit of a prude but is otherwise okay. He's out looking for his mate right now so he might be there or not" Lydia said with a dismissive wave of her hand.

"He's going to try and get you both on the bunny diet, just ignore him and his hero hair. Nowadays you can just drink from blood bags so if you don't want to feed the normal way that's totally up to you. I wouldn't recommend the bunny diet, I still think the animals will revolt against him one of these days" Damon said sarcastically as he threw his arm over Lydia's shoulder as they walked.

Everyone laughed while Oscar shuddered in disgust.

Once they got back to the boarding house Lydia showed them each to some rooms and went to spend the night with her mates.

After putting up a silencing spell of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I can admit it this one was late. I was deep in a binge and that bitch took me 4 days to finish with non stop reading. It was super long. I loved it but damn did that take a while. I finished it so I thought I would come write. Since I finished the chapter I will just post it now. This isn't edited so it will definitely have some mistakes but hey do you want it tonight with some spelling errors or tomorrow night edited?

I think I will do some fluff maybe some smut in the next few chapters. I have a bit more plot to go through but then we can get to the next book and she can go to New Orleans.

I'm gonna try and read this book over so I can make sure I have tied up all the loose ends before the next book but I don't think it will take more than 10-15 chapters to wrap everything up. That is the long estimate I could just choose to end it in a few but idk yet.

Happy reading

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original characters and plot.

Edited: 2/12/22