"When I was five, my parents died. In fact, I should have memories of them. But thinking back, all I remember is being chased by wild dogs. What my mother looks like i can't remember anymore. Maybe I look a little like her. Jiang-Shushu said so. Hehe."

Wei WuXian looked at Lan Wangji who had his head slightly tilted to Wei WuXian's side, implying he was listening. So Wei WuXian grinned and continued.

"I only remember one scene. My mother held me as I rode the donkey. My father was walking in the front. I think my mother cracked a joke. Then my father started laughing."

Wei WuXian sat up straight with a jolt. He held the wine jar in front of Lan Wangji and said.

"Lan Zhan here I want to make a toast to you. No. I mean to us. Those who have same misfortune sympathies with each other.
If there's wine today, then we get drunk today. (To live in the moment.)
Here cheers."

He bumped his shoulder with Lan Wangji and drank another mouthful from his jar. He tossed the empty jar down near his feet and looked at Lan Wangji. Lan Wangji was still looking down, looking engrossed in some kind of inner turmoil.

"But Lan Zhan. We lose a family to gain another. I'm so lucky to have my fathers with me. My parents had to leave, but they found me. Breaking rules to adopt a mere mortal like me. Hehe. Now, thinking back, the days spent on the streets don't bother me anymore. Except the dogs. They are too scary. "

Wei WuXian fake shivered at the mention of dogs to emphasis his point. Lan Wangji made a sound of acknowledgement to show that he heard what Wei WuXian said. Wei WuXian continued after a pause, still looking at Lan Wangji.

"Did you know, I called them Smiling gege and Handsome gege when I first met them. So embarrassing, they still tease me sometimes. They still tickle me too like I am three!!!Hehe. "

Wei WuXian chuckled remembering all the times he was at the receiving end of the tickle attacks. Lan Wangji raised his head to look at Wei WuXian with those dazed light eyes. Wei WuXian gulped unconsciously and then nodded his head to show that he was indeed telling the truth.

"Aren't you a lucky one too? Lan Zhan?"

"Mn?"

Lan Wangji hummed slowly in a question, now completely raising his head to face Wei WuXian. His hands were now relaxed on his laps and Wei WuXian smiled seeing that. He waved his hands as he continued

"Your father and mother can't keep you company. But you have a wonderful brother with you, always. You don't even have to say anything for him to understands you. So great isn't he?"

"Mm"

Lan Wangji agreed readily. Wei WuXian threw his hands above his head and sighed dramatically making Lan Wangji moved back away from Wei WuXian flying hands. Wei WuXian said with a pouting face which was bright red from the alcohol.

"Aye. No one word answer. Say it."

Lan Wangji's mouth was dry seeing Wei WuXian's face. It was really difficult for him to form sentences in his brain because of the sight in front of him. He turned his head away from Wei WuXian not daring to look at that face again. He coughed and said.

"Xiongzhang is great."

"Mm. And your uncle. Although I am not sooo~ fond of him and he hates me to the core, he's nice to you~!!! So it's okay. He taught you everything and leads you through the right path.
Hey, he even kicked me out of the class so I won't disturb you. Haha."

Wei WuXian laughed and as he told his monologue with a smile, swaying in his seat from side to side. Lan Wangji's eyebrows furrowed hearing about his uncle kicking Wei WuXian out of the class. In a drunken daze he said.