Chapter thirteen: Ambush

Começar do início

As soon as everyone boarded, the bus took off towards their destination. Izuku sat alone by a window closer to the back, but not far enough that he couldn't be included in conversation if necessary. He tried to get some rest but the idle chatter from his classmates denied him any meaningful rest, so he listened, feigning sleep.

"Hey Yagi?" A voice asked, which sounded like Asui.

"Hm? Oh. Do you need something Asui?" A voice which Izuku recognized as his Izumi.

"Call me Tsu." She replied.

"Oh then... You can call me Izumi."

"I usually say whatever I'm thinking, but you look and dress a lot like All Might. It's almost like you're his daughter." Asui examined, making him snicker internally.

"Hu- Wh- Bu- N-No I-I mean I guess I do dress like him b-but he isn't my d-dad!" Izumi panicked as her face flushed while waving her arms around in a dismissive manner.

"Yeah Asui is right. Not only that but her quirk is flashy too! I mean did you see that strength? That was awesome during training last week!" Kirishima exclaimed. "My quirk is pretty good for fighting villains but it isn't very flashy."

"D-don't doubt yourself Kirishima. I'm sure it'll work out." Izumi replied.

"Yeah. Besides, the flashiness doesn't matter if you can't take down a villain anyways." Asui commented.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Kirishima asked.

"Her brother Izuku Yagi defeated her despite her quirk. That's what she means saying flashiness doesn't matter if you lose. Besides, they're siblings and he looks nothing like All Might." A nearby Kaminari exclaimed, causing Izumi to flinch and look down.

"Not to mention that match was kind of brutal..." Jiro muttered.

"Yeah... I hope I won't have to fight him." Hagakure exclaimed.

Izuku kept his eyes shut but he could feel many eyes on him. It's as if his mere mention could grind a conversation to a halt. He hoped that wouldn't be the case for too long. While he didn't feel the need to make a positive relationship with his class, he'd rather it not be a negative one.

"W-wait a second." Uraraka said, breaking the tense silence. "When me and Bakugo fought him, he didn't harm me any more than was necessary for him to capture me. He let me go after that. You shouldn't have a reason to worry Hagakure!" She explained.

"So does he have a grudge or something?" Sato asked. Unbeknownst to the class, tears began to gather in Izumi's eyes after which she subtly curled into a ball, which Iida noticed. "Everyone! That's enough! This isn't something for us to discuss! As class representative I will not condone such action!" He exclaimed loudly. Izuku couldn't tell but he assumed the class had looks of shame.

"That's enough! Settle down, all of you! We're here." Aizawa said, right after Izuku 'woke up' from Iida's antics.

After the bus was parked and the doors opened, Izuku and his classmates filled out of the vehicle in a very disorderly and rushed fashion much to Iida's dismay. Once all the students were out of the bus they had a chance to really take in their surroundings of the single giant glass dome in front of them with a large staircase leading to a likewise large door with the letters U.S.J. imprinted above.

"Woah. That looks impressive." Sato mumbled while the class looked at the building in awe.

"Stop wasting time. It's irrational." Mr. Aizawa said whale using his quirk, which spurred the class in to a simultaneous barrage of "Yes sir!"'s before the whole group headed up the stairs.