Umi’s brilliant light around her was a contrast to the creature’s combination of scarlet and black fume surrounding him. He was also carrying a large terrifying axe. One stike of that weapon could cut a tree in half.

“Ilayo mo na rito si Olivia,” narinig nyang binalingan ni Ate Umi si Ate Rhoda, na mukhang tutol sa sinabi ng una. “Ako na ang bahala sa pinuno nila.”

“Sigurado ka ba?” Ate Rhoda never lose her protective stance but there was concern on her face. “Hindi mo pa nababawi ang lakas mo.”

“Mas mahalagang mailayo mo sya rito. Sapat ang kapangyarihan ko para talunin sya.” Umi was determined. Her eyes turned orange which Olivia suspected as a sign of her depleting power.

“Hindi kita iiwan, Ate,” singit ni Olivia. Alam nyang wala syang maitutulong pero hindi rin sya papayag na magpaiwan ito.

“Liv! Liv!” A familiar voice called her and made her heart pound in fear. “Ate!” Olivia saw her sister, Pris, emerged from the trees.

Anong ginagawa ng kapatid nya rito? She wasn’t supposed to be there. Olivia trembled in terror when the Kontaminado stopped and turned to Pris, who had no idea what she just walked in to.

Pris’ eyes widened in surprised when the Kontaminado threw his axe towards her. It was fast that Umi was unable to react immediately but managed to shield Olivia’s sister from harm.

Umi groaned in pain. She succeeded pushing Pris away from the weapon but was unluckily hit on her shoulder blade. Blood streamed down her white shirt. The black creature roared in triumph and summoned the axe back to him. Umi almost growled in torture.

The creature being distracted, Rhoda hurled her spear and struck the Kontaminado’s chest. Red and greenish liquid flowed from the creature’s body. It howled in agony and with difficulty removed the spear then broke it into two.

With Umi wounded, the wind barrier was down. Few more trees shrivelled. The black and red fumes around the Kontaminado grew. He’s sapping the life around him, making him more powerful.

He casted the strong vapors over Rhoda and Olivia. Faster than the speed of light, Umi took her sword, turned it into a shield, which stopped the strong attack.
Ibinaba ni Umi ang buhat pala nitong si Pris. “Rhoda, dalhin mo na ang mga bata. Lumayo na kayo rito.” May takot na sa mga mata ni Umi. Takot na baka masaktan sina Olivia.

“Mas maigi kung dalawa tayong lalaban sa kanya,” tugon ni Rhoda.

Umiling si Umi. “Kaya ko syang talunin,” mariing sabi nito at unti- unting lumakas ang liwanag na bumabalot dito. Dumako ang nagkulay asul nitong mga mata kay Olivia. “I want you to be safe, Olivia. Please go with Rhoda,” nakikiusap nitong sabi sa kanya. “You don’t want your sister get hurt, do you?”

Olivia stared at Umi’s eyes for few seconds then nodded in understanding. She believed in Umi, just like Umi believed in her. Umi could defeat that monster easily without them in the way.

“Hihintayin kita, Ate.” Olivia wanted Umi to promise her she’d come back alive. Umi gave her a reassuring smile.

Out of nowhere, the magical taro leaf appeared before them. Pris was still bewildered but figured it’s best to hop on the leaf with Olivia and Ate Rhoda.

Before the enormous taro leaf could fly away, Olivia saw Umi’s shield slowly changed into a bow and arrow.

The light around Umi grew more. She seemed to be gathering her powers and focusing it on her weapon. The Kontaminado was doing the same.

“She’ll be okay.” Olivia whispered convincing herself as the leaf ascended. As they sped away into the sky, a very powerful light illuminated the woods banishing the darkness and menacing clouds.

Sa likod ng bahay-kubo sila lumapag kung saan naghihintay si Manong Ton. Bakas ang pag-aalala sa mga kulay berde nitong mga mata nang makita sila.

Tumila na ang hangin. Nagkalat ang mga naputol na sanga at nakayukong halos mabali ang ilang mga maliliit na puno ngunit himalang hindi man lang nasira ang bahay- kubo ng lalaki.

“Pris! Where have you been?!” Maluha-luha sa galak at pag-aalala ang Mommy ni Olivia nang makita silang pumasok sa kubo. “Olivia, are you okay?” Sabay sila nitong niyakap nang mahigpit.

Over her Mom’s shoulder, Olivia saw her grandmother looking at her knowingly. There was also apprehension on the old woman’s face.

Pris got scolded from her parents for slipping out of the house to go searching for Olivia. Jessica and Kristine murmured disapproval over their friend but were glad the sisters were safe.

“Anong nangyari?” Mrs. San Victores started panicking again when Pris was still too stunned to speak.

“Hinabol po sya ng baboy- ramo,” agad na dahilan ni Ate Rhoda. Bumalik na sa normal na kulay ang mata ng magkapatid. “Buti na lang dumating si Kuya Ton.” Makahulugan itong sumulyap sa nakakatandang kapatid.

Habang nagpapasalamat ang lahat kay Manong Ton, napatingin si Olivia sa labas ng bintana, na bagamat maaliwalas nang muli ang langit, malaking pangamba pa rin ang nasa puso nya para kay Umi.