35. Missing Bride

It's the wedding day of the two Abba Sulayman daughters with the two Muhammad sons. The two houses are bustling with activities as the daurin aure is in half an hour.

"Fatima, the camera man is here, should we give him food?" Amal rolls her eyes on behalf of Fatima.

"Aren't you the wedding planner? Don't frustrate me! You can leave him starving if you will." Fatima says zipping her gown. She got the same type of gown Halima wore on her wedding day, just with more puffy sleeves. And instead of the front of the gown to be plane, it's designed with stones.

And instead of the blue lace, Fatima's own is a black one with gold patterns. Amal is wearing the exact same gown.

"Adda Nana I'm coming, my jewelry is in Ammi's room." Amal says and walks out of the room.

She feels a presence in the room.

"Amal please come and help me tie this lafayya of a thing. I can't bend, to adjust the under." Fatima huffs and just as she turns, she sees Azanraba and the next thing she knows is she's in a place she knows but doesn't recognize.

"Where am I?" Fatima asks no one in particular.

"Your new home." Azanraba answers before leaving. He looks at his mother and smiles.

"Start getting ready, your only son is getting married." He says and leaves.

Amal comes back into the room and starts looking for Fatima. She doesn't see her so she concludes she went out or she's somewhere. Fatima isn't a small girl, she knows what to do and what not to do.

Her phone pings after ten minutes.

Congratulations baby, you're now mine and me, yours. I love you.

Amal smiles with tears in her eyes. She's now a married woman. A knock whisks her attention from her phone and she yells a come in.

"Where's Fatima? The knot has been tied and Aqsam didn't even agree to go to the mosque so he's already outside waiting for her." Amal shrugs.

"Call her then." Amal uses her henna stained hand to search for Fatima's contact. She taps call icon and places the phone on her ear. As it connects, she hears Fatima's phone ringing in the room. Flabbergasted, she brings the phone down from her ear.

"But Fatima never leaves her phone. It's always with her." Innayo says surprised.

"Maybe she's somewhere in the house. Let me call Afnan so she can check around." Amal calls Afnan and the latter starts going round the house.

"Amal Hamza is here." Amal looks at Innayo. The latter urges her to go ahead with a nod.

Aqsam has been anticipating his wife's presence. She had said she'd make him wait for her for long on their wedding day but it has been almost thirty minutes and he's getting a little worried.

"Amal where's Fatima?" Aqsam just can't hold it in anymore. Series of awws and oohs fly in the air together with the statement.

Without thinking twice Amal says, "We can't find her, we've been looking for her for almost an hour now." gasps are heard and murmurs follow.

"But I thought I saw her in the room?" Halima says. She has been sitting downstairs for a while. Hidaya has recieved her first shot of vaccine and she has been crying ever since. She just managed to get her to sleep.

"She was there, but now I don't know where she is. Nobody does." Aqsam feels his heart dropping to his stomach. Was she kidnapped? Did she decide to get revenge for what he did and then leave? But she wouldn't leave him like this would she? Numerous thoughts run through his mind.