"Sirius, just go and tell her how you feel. It's as simple as that." Remus says in a low tone, looking right through his friend's eyes as he takes a sip from his tea.

Sirius shakes his head and looks outside the window, trying to keep his calm as he nervously runs a hand through his unusually disheveled hair.

"No. No. It's not. I'm a damaged, old dog with a dejected mind and, and She's too good to be mine. I don't have it in myself to hurt her."

'Her? Who is she?' You wonder to yourself and feel a sudden pang of jealousy as you move a little closer to listen carefully from behind the wall.

"Hurt?" Remus scoffs, clearly annoyed by the man's opinions. "You're hurting her with your weird behavior. What if y/n wants you too?"

Your eyes go wide at the mention of your name. He's thinking about you too.

"There is no way. Drop it." Sirius snaps as he carelessly flicks his wand to light the cigarette between his lips, taking a long draw on it as he does so.

"You're utterly blinded by your past." Remus snaps back and stands up from his chair.

You take a few steps backwards, afraid of being there when he walks out of the kitchen, but you sigh in relief when he turns to the other side to refill his cup with tea.

"I'm not." Sirius replies quickly, following his movements as he lights another cigarette and sits on the ledge of the window.

You have to admit, though smoking is harmful, he looks so damn hot when he does it.

Remus places his cup on the table and mutters some god knows what things under his breath before looking back at Sirius, this time talking louder than before.

"Yes you are. And you're too in love to think straight."

"For fuck's sake Remus. Keep your voice down. You'll wake her-"

Love? Not being emotionally able to hear them anymore, you turn around and slowly make your way back to your room, not sure if you should laugh or cry now.

So he wanted you too.

You had played the whole conversation in your mind again and again. It was no surprise he had become more distant after that night. Weeks passed and he didn't hold your hand anymore. He didn't stare at you anymore. You knew he was scared, but you couldn't help feeling hurt by his ignorance. 

He was good at ignoring you. You were good at hiding your emotions. He needed courage. You needed time.

You waited for the right time and it finally came. It was the day Sirius had been proven clear of all charges and accusations. He wasn't anxious anymore. He was a free man now. That day, Remus had showed up at your room to inform you that Sirius was going to throw a party to celebrate his freedom.

This was your chance. You didn't know if Sirius had found the courage to make a move or even if he still wanted you, but you had to try.

But nothing is more unappealing than feeling moody and out of place on the day you've waited for so long.

You were so keen and desperate to look your best for the party and somehow impress a certain someone too. Now that you're here, in the middle of the crowded room, you feel like you're invisible and no one notices you.

No one to you means Sirius.

He's standing in a corner, more handsome than ever with his velvet trench coat on. Most of his clothes are black, matching his long curly hair which looks softer and tidier than ever. The ruby red color of wine in his hand makes a beautifully classic contrast to the emerald green of his coat.