Ch 26

Azazel's Pov

The Next Day...

"Good afternoon Sir Theodore and Lady Lillian" I wasn't one for conversing with the locals but Asmodeus made up for what I lacked. "Azazel who is this Death fellow? I don't recall you mentioning him" As my Host's voice started to fill my mind, I slowed my pace in order to give her an answer. "Death is a demon that is not to be trusted although the dear Corazon is the one who keeps him in line. However, she has yet to make her appearance I'm afraid"

"Az the people of this era aren't fond of those who speak nonsense to themselves. Please refrain from speaking to Lillian out loud" When my husband spoke up about my mistake, I began to look around but thankfully no one was within earshot. "My apologies I did not realize Asmo. Have you been able to find Corazon? I know you left for her domain late last night"

"It has since moved locations and I have yet to locate it. Although I hear rumors of a traveling song maker whose voice is comparable to that of an angel" I had only heard Corazon sing on a handful of occasions and that comparison was not a lie. Her voice could calm the most erratic of souls although it had also brought her great turmoil over the centuries but that was best left in the past. "Corazon has always been quite fond of her ability of song. Perhaps she will make her appearance sooner than expected"

"All we can do is hope for a favorable outcome. Our destination is drawing closer my dearest" My arm was locked with Asmodeus' and true to his word we soon arrived at an abandoned warehouse building. "Death is staying here Asmo?" This part of the city was rarely used although the last time I had met Death we found that he had taken to staying in wealthy accommodations and this certainly did not suit a man of his class. "I was unable to locate Death although this building will house those who follow the demon known as Killian"

'Knock' 'Knock' 'Knock'

"Are you sure this is a wise decision Asmo?" Not all demons got along with each other and it would be unwise to willingly arrive at one's home unannounced. "Fear not my dearest Azazel. I shall protect you from anyone that wishes to bring you harm" Even if I were to perish today my life would only start a new although my host did not deserve such a fate. "Asmo they do not appear to be home at the moment. Should we leave a note?"

'Boom'

"I do not care for waiting Az. Even if my life as a Viking has long since ended, I still have that violent side to my personality. Remain by my side and if need be, prepare to flee" Once Asmodeus entered the building I followed with slight hesitation as I took in the damage done to the doorframe. "Being gentle was never his strong suit" When a pair of arms found their way around my body, I slowly turned to face the individual but it wasn't Asmodeus. "W-Where's my Nii-san?"

That horrific was not from this part of the world but that was not the concerning characteristic I noticed. "Who might you be? I am Azazel but unfortunately, I don't know who Nii-san is" As I listened to this man speak, I picked up on the childish tones and shuttering from the older gentlemen although I could not understand why he was like this. "Oh, I-I'm Killian or Ki for short. Y-You should not be here Azazel-san. He's going to be home soon and-and he told me not to let strangers inside"

"He? Is Nii-san returning home soon?" I was no longer within the man's grip which I was thankful for but the environment of the room was growing cold as the seconds ticked by. "Ki-ya! You are not to disobey me! Why did you let this girl into our home!?" The fear within the man's eyes was unlike anything I have ever witnessed before although turning towards that voice I began to greet the demon. "Good evening Death. Asmodeus! I found Death and he does not look pleased!"

Recognizing demons came easily for me since they all tended to have eyes unique to themselves and Death was no exception to that. "Fufufufu. You appear to be correct my dearest... Who might the other male be?" Taking a second look back at Ki I noticed he was now shaking but unfortunately there was nothing I could do for him at the moment. "Killian although Asmodeus that demon is not behaving as he should. I fear that Death has already damaged him beyond repair"