Ch 14

Doflamingo's Pov

"So, Doffy who exactly did you invite to come bowling with us?" (Y/n) was leaning against my arm as I continued driving so, I quickly answered her question while taking the left turn. "I told them to bring anyone who wanted to go. Kidd might also join us but I do believe Law is working today" She slowly nodded her head but I could tell she was nervous about something. "What's the matter (Y/n), are you worried about Diamanté?"

"Yes and no... Do you know what triggers me? I can't remember much about what happened the other night and I don't recall seeing Diamanté at all" My fingers tightened around the bottom of the steering wheel while I tried to come up with a response. "Well... I think it has something to do with how stressed you're under and whether or not your life is in danger"

"If that was true how come I couldn't stop that man from... from almost killing me?" Keeping my composer, I told the girl something that I didn't speak of often. "My little brother couldn't save himself either... he was on a date but then the girl slit his throat and left him for dead. I got his last phone call but I didn't get to him in time. He was everything to me... I'm sorry (Y/n) I probably shouldn't have mentioned him"

"What did your brother look like Doffy?" That confused me for a minute since why would (Y/n) want to know what my brother looked like? "I'd rather not remember him right now (Y/n) but I can find you a picture later" I might have thought about my brother every day though my mind never gave me a clear picture of him. It was always like I couldn't remember his face or I just didn't want to. "Do you have any paper?"

"Check the glove box (Y/n) there might be a small notebook in there along with a pen. Why do you need it?" As I looked over, I could see the girl found what she was looking for a started drawing something. I needed to focus on the road but I'm sure she would show me her creation later. "I'll be careful not to hit the potholes while you draw alright (Y/n)?"

(Y/n)'s Pov

"Thanks, Doffy it shouldn't take me too long" It wasn't my intention to upset Doflamingo but I needed to know if he knew the man from my nightmares. The man's face was burned into my memories from the countless nights he's haunted my dreams so it didn't take me long to finish my sketch. "What exactly are you drawing (Y/n)?" I was hesitant to show the man since I didn't know his reaction, but in the end, I prepared myself for the worst.

"Can you pull over Doffy?" The man's sunglasses on and shielded his eyes from my view though as the car pulled off to the side of the road Doflamingo turned to me. "Please don't get upset but can you tell me if you recognize this man?" Heading the notebook to him I held my breath as Doflamingo tilted his head at my sketch. "Hm... Why did you draw my brother, (Y/n)?" My stomach dropped at that but regardless I began to reply. "That's the man I've seen in my nightmares every night for the last four years. I think I'm reliving the night he died over and over again but when your close to me the nightmares stop"

When Doflamingo's fingers started tracing along with the sweater I got confused though as he spoke, I understood. "It all started because you received his heart... I'm sorry (Y/n) but if the nightmares stop when I'm around I'll stay with you every night and kept you safe. You stop my nightmares as well so let's help each other out" I wasn't aware that Doflamingo suffered from nightmares. "That sounds nice... Should we continue on to the bowling alley? We can talk about this more later if you'd like"

"Fufufu. Yes, we'll discuss this later my dear. For now, let's have some fun~"

~~~~~~~~

Doflamingo's Pov

30 Minutes Later...

"Do you think everyone's here already?" (Y/n) was staring at the building in front of us but didn't attempt to leave the vehicle so I needed to reassure her everything would be fine. "Yes, I can see a few of their cars. Come on (Y/n) you'll get to bowl with me and we'll have a fantastic time together" That seemed to do the trick since she exited the vehicle shortly after. "Alright, Doffy... Will you hold my hand?"

Taking her hand in mine we finally made our way to the door before walking inside where everyone else was waiting. "What took you two so long? We've been waiting forever" It was Dellinger who spoke up but Sugar had decided to run up to (Y/n) before giving her a hug. "(Y/n)-chan are you okay!? I heard that Diamanté beat you up last night!"

"I thought I beat him up?... Where is he?" Looking around the room myself the man I was hoping would be here wasn't or at least he wasn't yet. "Attention everyone! Alright as you all are aware (Y/n) has a little issue so try not to stress her out today. Oh, and I have good news (Y/n) here is now my girlfriend" They looked surprised but slowly started clapping before we set off into pairing. "Did you really need to announce that Doffy and is Diamanté not here because he's afraid of me?" She looked a little sad that the man wasn't here though it made me wonder if Diamanté was just late or if he wasn't planning on showing up at all. "Oi, Pica! Where's Diamanté?"

"He's out on a job Doffy. It's two hours out of town so he couldn't make it back in time" Since when did Diamanté have an assignment, did I approve that? "Oh, good that means he's not avoiding me then Doffy. Do I get to bowl first?" Walking over to the machine by our lane I typed in our names and made sure (Y/n) could bowl first. "Yup, go ahead. Just try not to break anything (Y/-) 'Smash'" Pulling the girl to safety with my strings I stared at the two men who weren't supposed to be here. "Pica remove these men before they bring harm to my (Y/n)"

"You son of a bitch! Get off of me!" I was standing nearby with (Y/n) behind me but when one of the males pulled out a gun, I felt my eye start to burn. "Doffy do something" The fear in the girl's voice had pushed me over the edge and before long I had blacked out.

(Y/n)'s Pov

"Fufufufufufufu" As I looked over at Doflamingo's family I could see such fear in their eye. Maybe they were afraid of the fact someone was armed with a gun but that didn't seem right. "Doffy... Keep me safe" My hands were gripping the back of his shirt so when he took a step forward, I was forced to let go. "Fufufufufu" Staring at the man's back for a few more seconds my vision started to go fuzzy.

'You don't want to see this (Y/n)... Sleep tight~'

~~~~~~~

30 Minutes Later...

?'s Pov

"Doffy you need to calm down~ (Y/n) won't be happy if you get yourself arrest~ Hehehehe" As my eyes shifted behind me, I could see Doflamingo's pet had changed her appearance and was leaned back against a table. "Tsk. I don't take orders from you" Running my tongue along with my fingertips I tasted the fresh blood before I decided my bloodlust wasn't complete yet. Doflamingo usually didn't need me but today his precious (Y/n) was put in immediate danger. "Who should I kill next? Fufufufu. Any volunteers?"

"Hehehe. I like you~ Why don't you kill the staff members as well and don't forget about the cameras? I'll turn this whole building into a pile of rubble when you're done" Ah yes the employees definitely needed to go, I could have them telling the law enforcement about this little incident. I made sure they couldn't get away so there was no chance any of them could have gotten away to alert them anyways.

"Fufufu. I like that plan~ You can call me Joker by the way. Though I don't recall what your name was" Offering the girl a twisted grin she finally graced me with her name. "Call me Mellow" She held out her hand but I knew better than to trust this thing. (Y/n) was fine though this 'Mellow' could turn on me within seconds. "Get to work Joker you've already ruined bowling so don't leave any loose ends. I'll wait outside and kill that Dellinger to keep myself entertained"

"I won't do that if I were you Mellow~ Tsk, tsk, tsk~ There's a claw machine over there, go win me a prize" I knew the girl didn't have any money but I'm sure she can beat the machine into submission if it came down to it. "I'll go win a prize for (Y/n). Your ugly ass doesn't get shit" What an entertaining girl now I can see why Doflamingo insists on keeping her around. "Fufufu. You do that while I take care of the witnesses~ I won't take too long my dear. Fufufu"

~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued...