Chapter 4 - Booty Call, Me Not

"Shit, it's all gone to shit!" 

I was laying under my blankets, cuddled up on my cozy couch when Max barged into my apartment at eleven at night, pacing back and forth before going into my kitchen to grab a drink from my ridge. "What happened this time?" I ask, going through my Netflix, it's that kind of night. 

Before he could answer, Max spits out his drink loudly. "Oh my God what the hell is this!?" He yelled, coming over to the living area and moving my cat Elie on his lap as he sits down. "Sam Adams." I mumble, continue to look for something to watch. 

"I know but it's disgusting. You never buy beer unless you're going through a break up. Wait, are you going through a break up?" He ask. 

I sigh. "Weren't we going to talk about you." Max kicks his feet up on the coffee table in front of us. "It can wait, so what's going on baby girl. It's been a week since I last saw you so what's going on?" 

What's going on? Well, it all goes back to the week before when my mother text messaged me out of nowhere which was a surprise since she's not that much of a texting kind of person. And since she's the type to talk on the phone for hours, I decided that it was better to just call her later on after I was done with my show. 

Two hours later after the show ended, I dogged in my purse and pulled out my phone. Secretly hoping for a text back from Ethan but nothing at all, not that I care or anything. 

I dialed my mother's number and listen to it ring for a little before she picked up. "Hello?" she answers, her voice shaking and I admittedly stopped walking. "Mom? Are you okay?" I asked. She's not normally like this, she's pretty cheery when she answers, constantly judging all your life choices, but she's my mom, what else it she suppose to do. 

"Oh Audrianna, I'm so glad you called." She says, sniffing on the other end of the phone. "Mommy what happen, you don't sound okay." I reply, reaching my car in the parking lot and getting in, checking the back seat for any murders that maybe lurking. 

My mom pauses for a second before answering. "It's your father honey.." She answers. I hold the phone to my ear closely as I start my car. Thinking that something may have happen to father since he does have a bad back from working.  

"What happen with daddy? Is he okay? Is it his back?" I continue asking, expecting the worst from this. "No it's not about his back, I wish it was but it's not." I pull car up a red light, the streets are empty since it's three in the morning but it's nice and quiet. "Okay, so what is it?" I ask 

I start to hear my mom crying on the other end and I start to get a sinking feeling. I hate hearing my mother crying and know I can't do anything to comfort her. "Mom..just talk to me. What is it?" I ask again. 

After a moment of silence she finally response. "The bastard left me!" 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up, are you telling me, your dad. The one who your mom's been married too for over thirty years, the one who you've known your whole life, the one who taught me how to drive, left your mother!?" Max looks at me dumbfounded. "I don't get it." 

"Same." I reply, remembering hearing my mom say it.  "Mom, I don't get it. Why would dad leave?" I ask, hearing crying more. "Because he's a cheating puta!!" She shouts, "He's been sleeping with that girl he met at that stupid gym he always goes to. I started seeing signs. Him going out everyday for hours on end, the late night phone calls, the secret meetings. I knew, I knew he was cheating on me but I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself" She goes on. "That son of a bitch took her to one of my favorite restaurants, the nerves on that man!!"