Chapter 2 - #Relatable

Have you ever had that awkward moment when you leave your one-nightstands house and not having any idea where you are so you use google map to try and see but your phone is about to die so you put your phone away and start the walk of shame early in the morning to the nearest bus stop where you get on a crowded bus with no place to sit so you stand for the whole thirty-minute ride and then when you finally get off, the back of one of your heels break so you walk the two blocks home bare-footed with your hair a mess and your bare back open for all of people walking pass can see? 

#Relatable.

I make it back to my apartment where Max is sitting outside me door. "There you are? I've been trying to reach you but you weren't picking up and holy shit you look like shit." He says, getting up and out of the way to let me unlock the door. "What kind of night did you have?" 

I open the door and walk in, tossing my heels on the floor before I go face first onto my lazy boy couch. "I don't even remember.." I say, burying my face in my pillow.

"Well let me just tell you that I have on hell of a hangover right now. I've already taken some Aspirin but I doubt they worked for me." Max says, coming back from my kitchen with two cups of orange juice and two tabs of Aspirin. I sit up, sipping my orange juice. 

"Ooh my god I feel like shit." I say, leaning my head back on the couch. Max pat my knee. "Go take a shower and change, I'll go make us some breakfast." He says before standing and helping me up off the couch. An hour later I come back out feeling semi-better in a pair of grey sweatpants and white tank top with my apartment smelling like blueberries and bacon.

"Smells good." I say, coming into the kitchen where Max is finishing up with breakfast. "If it smells good chances are it'll taste good. Have a seat." I nod my head and take a seat at the island bar as Max places my plate in front of me. I start wolfing down my breakfast. "So, you mind filling me in on what happen last night?" 

Max gets up from his seat and starts going through my cabins. "You don't remember anything?" He ask. "If I did, I wouldn't be asking you to fill me in. What are you looking for?"

"Coffee." He responds, opening up another cabin. "Coffee always helps me with my hangovers. I didn't have any at my place."

I finish up my orange juice. "Well, you're out of luck because I do not have any here. I cut back on the caffeine  remember? Now, tell me about last night or what you can remember."

Max sighs before hoping onto the counter. "Hmm lets see, well for starters, we got pretty wild." He rubs his chin smiling. "Took a lot of shots, I'm pretty sure I made out with half the bar because you know, I am a bit of a slut like that." He says, making me laugh. "I remember you dancing with this one guy for most of the night and boy did you two take dirty dancing to another level."

I raise my eyebrows. "Really? What do you mean? Details Max, I need details!" I say, feeling myself panicking already. Max holds up his hands. "Relax sweet cheeks, it was kind of cute how he was all over you." He says.

"Do you remember what he looked like?" I ask, rubbing my forehead. He shakes his head. "Nope sorry, it was pretty dark but what I do know if that he is very tall and he kept all the other boys that wanted to dance with you from getting close." Max shrugs his shoulders. "One-minute you two are making out in the middle of the dance floor and the next you were both gone. I'm pretty sure he was the guy you were with this morning."

I sigh loudly. "Well, it's a good thing I won't be seeing him again." Max nods in agreement. "Thank God for one-nightstands right? Speaking of which, want to go be basic bitches and go to get Starbucks? I'm craving for some caffeine."

"Alright but as long as you're paying." I say, getting up and going to get my flip-flops. "Are you going to change because I'm going to be honest here, I'm feeling my whole bum with a pinch of this hangover look." Max says as I come back out, finally taking in notice that he's wearing a plain blue shirt and white basketball shorts. "Nah, starbucks is just around the cornor, we'll be in and out quick." I say while we head out.

"So that guy you slept with, what was his name?" Max ask as we walk side-by-side down the block. "His name is Ethan Lincoln." I reply. "Hmm, that name sounds familiar." He says.

I let out a little laugh. "Oh god Max, please tell me that you didn't screw this guy as because I'm getting tired of sleeping with you left-overs." I say playfully, nudging Max as we reach Starbucks. "No my dear Audri, I've promised that I'll let you know the name of all the boys I sleep with. It's just that I've heard that name from somewhere before but I'm not sure from where and holy crap!." Max let out as we see the long line in front of us.

"Damn it, I was hoping it wasn't going to be busy." He says. "It's Starbucks Max, it's always busy. Did you want to go anywhere else?" I ask.

Max shakes his head. "Nope, I need my fix and it has to be from here." I roll my eyes, this stubborn man-child. "I sometimes wonder if you're just a child trapped in a mans body." I say. "Ugh same, hey maybe that'll explain why I've got such smooth baby skin." Max replies, grabbing my hand and rubbing it against the rough studs on his face.

"Well isn't this an odd, yet interesting reunion." 

I look in front of me and see the Greek God Ethan Lincoln standing there in a fitted, clean grey suit with a cup of coffee in his hand.

Maybe it's fate or karma finally coming back to get me for copying off of Becky Robert's homework back in fifth grade. Either way, I was not mentally prepared to face this man after the bazaar morning.

Max read most of felt the atmosphere and knew that this was the guy from the night before. Max doing what he does in these kind of situations, he holds out his hand. "Hi I'm Max, the gay best friend. Are you the guy who rocked my best friend world last night because you are she is one lucky bitch." He says.

Ethan hesitantly shakes Max hand. "Ah..yes I suppose. Though I'll probably say it was the other way around." He leans in. "She rocked my world." He whispers so the people around us won't hear. I start to feel my cheek burning with embarrassment while Ethan and Max start to have a casual conversation.

"So what kind of workouts do you do? Because I can differently tell you have a god-like body under that suit." Max says and I quickly elbow him. "Sorry for my friend. He just doesn't know when to quit." I say. "Well, it was nice seeing you, enjoy your coffee." I start pushing Max towards the exit as he protest and outside on the street. 

"What the hell Max?!" I slap his chest. "You do know how to embarrass me."

"Ouch I'm sorry but don't look now because he's coming out right now." Max rushes out. I turn and Ethan comes up to me. "Sorry for stopping, this isn't normally my style but I would really like to take you out sometime." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a card. "Here's my number, hopefully I hear from you soon. By the way, what's your name?"

I look at the card he handed me. He name and number printed on the paper. "A-Audri..Audri Day." I say, snapping out of it.

"Audri." Ethan says, the sound of my name coming off his lips is like smooth jazz. Zane checks his watch. "I have to go. It was nice meeting you Max and I hope to see you again Audri." He smiles, giving me a little wink before walking away.

After a few minutes of silence, Max finally says something. "I want to have that man's adopted babies."  

******************************************

Chapter 2 complete!!! Chapter 3 will be posted up soon so be on the look out for that. Any questions about the characters so far will be posted at the end of chapter 4. As always, like, comment, share! Enjoy your weekend and see everybody soon!!