Chapter 3 - Just a Little "Push"

"Sooo, what are you going to do?"

It was already late in the evening and after the eventful night and morning I had, I decided to lounge around my apartment with Max before I went into the station later tonight. After running into Ethan earlier today and him just giving me his number, it all didn't feel right to me. 

When Max and I returned back to my apartment, I went straight to my laptop and looked up this Ethan Lincoln character. Nothing really came up besides a few charity events that featured him there as a guest. I clicked on Google images and a flood of photos of him with beautiful women covered my screen. I clicked through photo after photo, my insecurity level dropping to negative fifty. Why was such a sexy man like himself be intrested in a girl like me? After looking at the women he was photographed with, I can't help but feel like this is a sick joke that someone is pulling on me. Compared to all the women in the photos who looked like they could be models, with their perfectly styled hair, tall frames and slim figure. While there's just me, a size 11 with to much curves and a 5'4 height that I hate. 

Why would this guy want to be seen with me?

"Stop it." Max walks passes me, taking my laptop with him before he sits down on my couch. I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I don't know what you're talking about." I reply.

Max raises an eyebrow at me. "Don't give me that crap I saw the look on your face when you were looking at these photos." He says. "And I know what you're thinking, 'why is he into me?' and blah, blah, blah."

I get up from my desk top and come over to sit next to him. "But it's true." I mumble. "I mean, look at him and those girls. Do you honestly think I can compete with that?" I ask

Max waves his hand in front of my face. "Hey, look at me." I sigh and look at him. "I am the captain now." He says, quoting the famous line from Captain Phillips. "And for now on, I'm going to help with this." He continues. I check my phone for the time and see that it's time for me to get ready for work. 

"I don't need your help Max. I don't see me and this guy being anything but just a one-night stand to one another." I say over my shoulder while I head back into my bedroom to get ready.

"Says who?" Max replies. "Trust me Audri, I'm going to get you with this man if it's the last thing I do! At least fuck him one last time!"

I ignored him as he yells and I make my way into my bathroom, hopping in the shower. Letting the hot water wash over me and all the things that had happen the night before just wash away. It's as if everything that I couldn't remember last night came rushing back to me. The drinking, the dancing, Ethan coming up to me wearing a plain black the showed off his hard chest and a pair of dark jeans that hung onto his waist just right.

I danced the whole night with him, grinding my body against his as he grabbed my hips hard, pulling me closer against him to feel his erection in his pants pressing against my bottom. Between him grinding back against me and whispering naughty things in my ear, I couldn't take it anymore. I spun around in his arms and kissed him on the lips, hard. Ethan was the first to break the kiss, his eyes gazing into mine before he pulled my hand and led me out of the club.

As they say, the rest was history but the more I think about it, the more I stop doubting myself. HE approached ME and when he did, there was no sign of hesitation from him or anything shady. Out of the whole entire room filled with beautiful, skinnier women, he choose to dance with me and now he wants to take ME out on a date.

I should probably give this a shot..

Turning off the shower, I hop out and grab a towel to wrap around myself as I head back into my bedroom where I go to look for my cell phone. Not being able to find it, I walk into my living room. "Hey Max, did I leave my phone in here?" I ask, seeing him sitting in the same spot where I left him.