"I'm not sure how it'll turn out. Are you okay with that?"

"No, Yoohyeon, have fun."

"We also planned to go somewhere over the weekend with Siyeon. Can we?"

"Yoohyeon, did I ever forbid you? The main thing is for me to know where you are and who you're with," my mother replied, retreating from the kitchen.

I made my way to the university. Today, we have four classes, one of which is with Minji. And afterward, the girls are waiting for me. I have a feeling that it's going to be a long day.

Not only did I not prepare, but I also forgot to ask about the homework. But she knows it!

With the bell ringing for the third class, Miss Minji entered, scanning the room and finally fixing her gaze on me. Still checking if I'm here, huh?

She looked as delightful as always—tailored classic trousers that exposed her ankles, moderately high heels, and a blue blouse, slightly unbuttoned. Quite eye-catching. Although, to be honest, I also look good today. I'm wearing a dress. Yes, that happens too.

"Good afternoon, everyone, please take your seats," she said sternly, as usual.

At that moment, I caught her interested gaze on me. Apparently, my appearance didn't leave her indifferent.

"As you may recall, I asked you to prepare on the topic of 'Secondary Metabolites,'" the woman said, opening her journal.

"The person who will answer..." Minji glanced around the class, contemplating who would be the victim, but as expected, everyone buried themselves in their textbooks. Only I looked at her imploringly, hoping not to be chosen.

"Come on, Kim Yoohyeon," the teacher announced the sentence loudly, which genuinely surprised me. But quickly gathering all my strength and courage, I replied, "I'm not ready."

"You really amazed me. What prevented you from preparing?" retorted Minji, clearly dissatisfied with the confidence and calmness in my response.

I remained silent, looking unhappily at the woman who perfectly understood the reason for my offense.

"Stay after class," she said.

The lesson continued, and Minji's mood didn't seem to deteriorate much, but resentment settled within me. She knew I wasn't prepared, yet she specifically called on me!

After the lesson, I approached with my grade book. But Miss Minji pushed it aside and gestured to a chair beside her. Sulking, I sat down where she indicated.

"Have you thought about the competition?" she asked, shifting her attention to me.

"You knew I wasn't ready!" I replied seriously.

"I won't let you off the hook. You'll study as much as I see fit. If you're not ready, then you'll prepare yourself and answer me personally. Is something not to your liking?" Minji retorted in a serious tone.

"Fine! Sign the grade book. I have another class now," my resentment was palpable.

"Do you want me to give you the books for the competition now, or will you come back after your classes?" Minji asked while signing the book.

"Did I give a positive answer? Besides, I have plans for today," I said, heading towards the exit.

Miss Minji didn't respond; she simply grinned.

The rest of the lesson was overshadowed by dissatisfaction. Who am I to her? It hurts so much. But I have no right to spoil my friend's birthday. I'll have fun or pretend to.