Hate - Part Two | Eren x (Chubby) Reader

Start from the beginning

"With what? Why?" Armin questioned.

"I'm not completely sure. I think it had to do with keeping you safe. While you were gone Eren and Zeke decimated Marley, killing almost all of them. Then in exchange for his freedom, he gave us the oath to live peacefully and turned in Zeke."

"So it's over?" You asked.

"Yes. It's over."

You weren't sure what to feel. Relief that the war was over but despair that lives had been lost.

"Eren wants to talk with all of you... separately." Hange spoke again.

She motioned to a door you hadn't even noticed.

"He said he doesn't care who goes first but he requests Y/n last." She said.

The three of you nodded as Mikasa walked forward, setting her hand on the handle and giving the two of you a reassuring smile and nod before going in.

You didn't get to see even a glimpse of Eren before the door closed.

Minutes passed and soon Mikasa walked out, tears in her eyes as she motioned Armin in. He sucked in a breath before entering, again closing the door before you could get the chance to see Eren.

Time seemed to pass slower like it had in the cell, and after what seemed like half an hour Armin emerged, again tears on his face and in his eyes just like Mikasa.

"Y/n," Armin said solemnly.

You inhaled deeply before walking forward and entering the room, shutting the door behind you.

Despite trying to get a look at Eren earlier you didn't know, instead of keeping your head and eyes pointed towards the floor.

"Y/n." His voice spoke.

You squeezed your eyes shut. Trying to block him out.

"Y/n please... look at me." he begged quietly.

You shocked your head vigorously, denying his request ten-fold.

"Okay. That's okay... but please listen," he said quietly.

"I need you to know how sorry I am." He began, "I need you to know that I never wanted to say any of those things. I-I want you to know that I do and always have loved you. And I know words aren't gonna fix this and I know I don't deserve anything from you but I want you to know that I want to, need to, at least try. All the things I said... it was complete bullshit. I never meant a single word. Looking at you now, I regret it even more. I hate seeing how I affected you. I hate that I had to do that. But I hope in time you can see why I had to say what I did. Regardless, I want you to listen to me Y/n.
"I want you to know that you're perfect to me. Your smile, eyes, hair, and more are all perfect to me. I love when I see your face change with your emotion and how you're so invested in everything. I love hearing your voice even if you're complaining about something and I love hearing you rant. Your voice is so beautiful and I don't know what I'd do if you stopped using it. I love you so much Y/n. It was killing me to say those things, to lock you up, and to leave you there for months. I did my best to be as quick as possible but still. I left you alone.
"And when I said I'd thought about.... killing you- I didn't mean it. The thought never crossed my mind and even now I-I just couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd rather burn than hurt you. Although I suppose my words did anyway. I know what I did was wrong but I want you back more than anything. I want to be with you in any and every way you'll let me. Although if you want me to vanish completely, I will. I won't complain. But know that if you do decide to let me back in that I'll work every day of my life making it up to you in every way I know how."

You still hadn't looked up and Eren began to worry. He knew you were unlikely to take him back but he at least wanted you to look at him. He missed you so much and seeing you deny his presence hurt. He knew he deserved it though.

"So.. when we were intimate you never thought those things?"

"No." His response was instant, "I never thought anything like that. Listen Y/n, even if you don't believe anything I've said please believe this: I never thought terrible things about you. I never believed a word I said and whenever I was with you all I felt was love. I love everything about you. Every detail and facet is so extraordinarily perfect that even if I wanted to I could never even dislike you in the slightest. I said those things to keep the three of you out of the war zone. I don't know what I'd do if one of you died because of something I caused. And I'm extremely sorry for how things went down. I love you so much Y/n."

For the first time since you entered the room, you looked up.

Eren had tears in his eyes and running down his face accompanied with the harsh red pigment on his eyes and nose. He was still just as beautiful as the day he locked you away.

"I love you," he repeated firmly'

"I... love you too." You spoke softly as Eren began to break down again.

He stumbled forward, landing on his knees right in front of you.

"M-May I?" he asked, holding his hands up towards you.

You nodded and he immediately wrapped his arms around you, snuggling into your stomach as he began to sob. You cried too, bending over and hugging Erens head as the two of you wept together.

"D-Does this mean y-you'll take me back-k?" he questioned, still having his face buried into you.

"I'm not sure. It'll take time and a lot of effort."

"That's okay. I'll do anything. I'll wait as long as you want."

Neither of you said anything after that, instead, you held one another. Comforted each other. And mended each other whole again.

a/n-
*Update*-
y'all are mad in the comments so I'll write an alternate ending ig lol

this was a request by slothsOt5

your beautiful darling