As for Dhruv, the last time I saw him was at the dining table that day. After that, I never saw him and it was like he was trying his best to not come in front of me but I still knew when he was leaving and he was returning.

Whenever I heard the engine sound of his car, I would become alert to observe his actions. After hearing only the thud of his closing door, I would start to ponder over whether to go and fetch him some food or let it be like that but I would control myself from listening to my heart.

But as time passed by, I started feeling bad that he had to leave early without having breakfast just so that he wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable, and skipping meals too meant it was no good for his health. Even Athayya was stopped caring for him and stopped paying heed to whether he had eaten or not.

Since it was a weekend, I decided to sleep till my heart's content but trust me, these days, sound sleep was a faraway thing from me as I was so used to having him beside me. So waking up early had become a typical thing for me.

Adjusting my messy hair, I grumpily got down from my bed and thought to go downstairs to lend a hand to Athayya as I felt that it was no fair to punish them like this by shutting myself off from them when there was no mistake of theirs.

So after brushing my teeth, I made a messy bun out of my hair and opened the door of my room casually but closed it immediately when I heard his voice coming from the balcony that was right at the farthest corner of the floor and was right beside the guest room I was staying.

From what I saw and knew, this was his routine to stand there daily as the sun rays would fall more on that place in the entire home. Thinking about this,  I hesitated a little before managing to open the door slightly and peeked out a glance at him.

He was fully dressed in his formals and I guess he must be planning on working on Sunday too. He rubbed his forehead as if his head was aching but still a tired and gentle smile was hanging at the corners of his mouth.

I narrowed my eyes at his side profile as to who made him smile so early in the morning but I reminded myself that it was not my business, ignoring the tuggings of the sanest part of my brain.

"Good girl! Also, can you please not let her know about my involvement? It's a favor. Sure. Thank you. Take care." Saying this, he ended the call with a smile before completely turning his body to the other side by showing his back to me.

"Good girl? Favor? What the! Who is he talking to, so early in the morning and even asking the favors?" I grumbled to myself while twisting my lips but suddenly gasped when he turned around fully to leave and I shut the door immediately with a thud while placing a hand on my heart.

"Thank god! That was so close. Whatever! It's none of my concern as to whom he was talking to!" I consoled myself and waited impatiently to hear the sound of his car leaving.

Once I did, I went downstairs and headed directly to the kitchen. After seeing Athayya there, who was cutting tomatoes, I stood there silently behind her, not knowing how to start the conversation.

Just when she turned to place them in the bowl, she noticed my presence and stood there without any reaction and when I thought to open my mouth to break this awkward silence, she smiled at me brightly and pulled me into a warm hug.

I smiled at her in response before encircling my arms around her.

"I am sorry," I mumbled and I knew she would understand why I was apologizing.

"No need! No need! Just be yourself. That's what I need." She said while caressing my hair lovingly as I nodded at her lightly.

"Let me help you," I said as I made a move by placing a Kadai on the stove after turning it on.