Important asset [Billy Russo x Reader]

Start from the beginning

"I can't do that," you stated, lips pursed to emphasise your objection. "There's no one to cover me," you added. His firm stance and sharp inhale reassured you that he was anything but happy with your answer. He took a step forward, forcing you to take a step back and collide with the wall behind you. Your chest felt as though it was a small box, containing only a small portion of oxygen, its lack of tightened your throat, starting your heart off in a dangerous pace, pounding hard against your ribcage. Billy's presence always made you feel as though you couldn't breathe. A simple gaze in your direction, a confident grin, his low, deep voice calling your name made you weak at the knees and left your mind wandering to paths you should have never gone to, causing thousands of butterflies to erupt in your belly.

"I'm your boss and I can change your schedule whenever I want to. I want to see you in my office at 1700 sharp, or else—" he didn't finish the end of his sentence, but you were sure his ideas were entirely different from yours.

"Or else—?" It escaped your mouth involuntarily, receiving a low growl from Billy, a threatening aura, still it didn't frighten you, if anything it encouraged you further. "I think we both know you will not fire me, Mr. Russo. I'm a very important asset to your company. I am a very dedicated employee and therefore I will try to adjust my schedule to fit your request, but I cannot promise anything, unless you personally can provide someone to take over from me," you replied in a challenging manner, earning a questioningly raised brow from Billy. Trying to read his face you couldn't decide if he was actually considering helping you or he was planning how to murder you in the spot.

A heavy sigh left his lungs, but he didn't back away. "I will send Simon to cover you," he said between gritted teeth.

"That is absolutely brilliant, I'm so glad we are on the same page," you exclaimed with a wide grin across your face as you turned around to leave the man behind. However, before you could have left, he grabbed your arm and pulled you back against him, your palms landing on his hard chest, feeling every inch of each fine muscle under your touch.

"Pay attention to your attitude because it has gotten out of hands recently and you are standing on a very fine line," he whispered, his breath tickling your cheeks. Indeed, you have been rather free with your words and actions around Billy, and you knew you were playing with fire, but it seemed that was the only way to get his attention.

"I might be pushing some boundaries, but my only intention is for the company to work effectively, to produce people that do their tasks efficiently meanwhile wearing Anvil's name with pride. If I neglect my duties and ignore my job, even if it's for your request, what use am I to the company?" you asked with a certain pride. Whilst your intention was to object to Billy once again, to be somewhat bratty, every word that left your lips were true. Anvil has given you more than you could have ever wished for and not even Billy could stop you from making this company one of the most well-working organisations.

Billy took a sharp inhale, trying to decide whether you were just being spoilt once again, because you were indeed aware of your own worth, or if the company really took priority in your eyes. His nod reassured you of the latter as he let go of your arm.

"I like the way you are thinking, but it doesn't excuse your attitude. You are an important asset to the company, but not irreplaceable. By the time you come to see me in the afternoon, try to get rid of it," he spoke sternly, before he shook his head and offered you a cocky grin as he turned around and left you in the corridor. You couldn't stop the tiny smile from appearing in the corner of your lips, his expression reassured you that you were anything but invisible in his eyes.

As you were leading a shooting session for your team, Billy interrupted your practice, clearing his throat whilst leaning against the doorframe, watching your people. You looked at your watch, afraid of being late, but according to your time, you weren't even anywhere near the time you were supposed to be in his office.