But it does.

The brick my hand hovers over is buzzing with life as I press down with a touch, I feel the connection to access as the magic that blocks the door begins to crack open. Old magic like this is all over this castle, if you're a Black ancestor you will find it.

"Remember that eyes are everywhere and no sudden movements, it's just us so make a sound and you're dead." I whisper as I stare into each and every face that tells me they're ready.

"I won't fail." Carla promises.

Heading into the passage leads to a tunnel, that tunnel is leading to every secret passage hidden in the castle, right now we are under and should be in the main hall.

As we come to the crossing in the tunnel I go my separate way as Carla leads the strike team to the opposite area. I need her there more than with me.

I can take care of myself. But I need eyes in the area she goes to, and I need those inside dead before I get there.

The blade begins to buzz as I come closer to the door I need to get closer to Braum. This leads me to the old main bedroom of my ancestor Demonia Black and his mate Lilian Black.

Making it through the door without noise I scan the dark empty and dusty room with glowing red eyes, my senses are on high alert as I hear voices outside the door.

A language I haven't heard but know Orion speak as a barrier, since not many practices that language anymore. Only knowing a few words I instantly pick up on a few and my suspicion was right.

He's in this wing.

I sniff the air.

Filthy creatures' scent is everywhere in this wing, they will die along with Braum. But I smelled him, I smell his fear and his pain from the loss of his mate, he is waiting for me.

I won't make him wait any longer.

I put weight on my back legs as I position myself as I release the deafening howl of the Demonia, a loud and howling signal that will be heard from the city from all the way up here. My wolf and demon side work together to signal all things living and dead that I'm here, alerting enemies around me and preparing those with me for the final stage.

The breach of the front door can be heard throughout the castle as the door of the bedroom which I currently wait patiently in is broken down.

I stand still and wait for them to enter. When I do my wolf and I leap going for the first neck I see, biting down hard with my snarling and snapping large teeth as I go to the next of my prey. Nothing but screams and growls can be heard throughout the castle as I tear limb from limb of a dark follower.

Death is surrounding me, in every room in every hallway I pass, my legion are scattered throughout the castle, many injured and many finishing their kill as we take the castle. All it took was nine hours and years of planning.

The castle is mine.

"Kane we got him, he was cowering behind an old bookshelf in a library." Lucas nods down the hall where legion warriors stand with weapons. "We have rounded up the remaining followers, what would you like to do with them?" He asks.

He is covered in blood, dark and light from head to toe, one should feel disgusted but I feel proud.

My eyes fixated on guards I begin to walk towards where my heart beats to go. "Cells, for now, I have someone waiting for me." I say over my shoulder as my heart beats excited in my chest.

Nearing the door the guards bow and bang their spears on the floor in respect. I open the door with force making it slam against the walls on each side.