Chapter 18

Jungkook POV

I had finally realized that I loved Y/N. At first I was a little confused about my feelings. But now I was completely sure. But I still didn't know if Y/N liked me or not. I know she was an Army before. But that's a long time ago. What if she's moved on and doesn't wanna have anything like that with me? Till this time, she's only behaved in a friendly manner with me. I didn't see any sign of love.

So now, I really wanted to impress Y/N. I wanted to make her fall in love with me again. So, for starters, I dyed my hair. It's been a long time since I've dyed it.

When I showed Y/N my hair, she started choking. I got really anxious thinking she hated it. But then she said she loved it. I got butterflies in my stomach as if I was back in my teenage years, trying to impress my crush.

"I was not prepared for this! You should give me some warnings, Jungkook."

"But I wanted to keep it a surprise, dummy. And I just did it this morning."

Y/N POV

I always wanted to see Jungkook in green hair. He did it once. But he didn't keep it long enough. I was often stealing glances at him.

I took care of Jiyeon for a while until Jungkook's work was finished. After he was done, we all watched a movie together.

[ Another day ]

I was at my office, working on an important project. Suddenly, I got a call. I picked up the phone without looking.

[ On the phone ]

Y/N : Hello?

Jungkook : Hello, Y/N?

Y/N : Oh! Jungkook! It's you. Why did you call?

Jungkook : Are you busy or something? Am I disturbing you?

Y/N : I am but I can talk. You can tell me.

Jungkook : Y/N, can you uhm... Send me some of your pictures?

Y/N : What do you need them for? 

Jungkook : No, it's just that you have a lot of pictures of me. But I don't have any of you. So, I just thought I should ask you for some.

Y/N : *Chuckle* Jungkook, why are you being so shy about it? You can ask me for my photos. Wait, I'll send you some. Do you have anything else to say?

I sent him some photos.

Y/N : Did you get them?

Jungkook : Yeah.

Jungkook : Uhm, Y/N? I wanted to tell you something. I decided to move on from Ji eun. It's been a long time since she passed away. And I think I should start over again. It'll be better for all of us.

Y/N in mind : I'm getting bad feelings about this.

Y/N : So, what are you trying to say?

Jungkook : I was thinking about finding love again and remarrying.

Y/N : Oh, Jungkook, that's great! You should definitely do that. You and Jiyeon need someone to take care of you both.

Jungkook : You really think so?

Y/N : Yes, of course.

Jungkook : But I don't think any girl would want to marry a widow who has a daughter already. What if she doesn't love Jiyeon like a mother?

Y/N : Jungkook, what are you saying? Who wouldn't wanna marry you? If she truly loves you then it wouldn't matter if you're a widow or anything. And Jiyeon is so loveable. If she doesn't give her enough love then it's her loss. You'll definitely find someone who'll love you both just as you are.

Jungkook : What would you do if I proposed you?

Y/N : What!

Jungkook : I said what would you do if I proposed you.

Y/N : Why are you asking me that?

Jungkook : I'm just asking. Now answer me.

Y/N : Umm... I don't know! I have work. I can't talk anymore. Uhm, bye, Jungkook.

[ Call ended ]