Chapter 16

Jungkook POV

[ 3 days later ]

I went to the hospital with Y/N to see Ji eun. I was with Ji eun giving her updates about our lives. While Y/N went somewhere saying she had work.

"Noona, do you feel better than before?" I asked her.

"Yeah, Kook."

"You know, from the past few months, your hospital bills have gotten really less. I really wonder why. I asked the doctors and the receptionist. But they didn't tell me anything."

Y/N came in the room gaining our attention.

"Hey guys! Do you need something?" Y/N said.

"No. Why don't you join us in our conversation?" I said.

"No, you should spend some quality time with your wife. I'll be waiting outside."

She left the room as she closed the door. I still kept staring at the door.

"Kook, what happened?" Ji eun said.

"Nothing."

"You look lost in your own world. Is it something about Y/N?"

"No. Why would I be thinking about her?"

"Kook, I want you to answer me honestly.

Do you have feelings for her?"

"What?" I said widening my eyes. I was surprised by her sudden question.

"Do you?"

"N-no, of course not. I have you. Why would I love someone else?"

"Don't think you can lie to me. you know I can read your mind, right? I see it in your eyes. Everytime we talk about her or she shows up your eyes light up. You seem excited around her."

"Noona, I can explain."

"No, you don't have to give me any explanation. I'm not angry at you. In fact, I'm happy that you fell in love again.

I was really worried that when I'll be gone, you'll never find love again. But now I can die in peace. And no one else would be better than Y/N.

She'll keep you and Jiyeon very happy. And you were wondering why the hospital bills got less, right?

Actually, Y/N has been secretly paying half of the bills so that you didn't have to pay. She told everybody to keep it a secret from you.

Because she didn't want you to feel burdened. And I know she loves you too. She's truly the one for you, Jungkook."

"What? Is that true?" I said.

"Yes. She used to visit me everyday. She didn't just become your best friend but mine also.

She loves you but she's still willing to help me."

"You really think she has feelings for me, too?"

"Yes. And I want you to promise me something. When I die I don't want you to spend a lot of time mourning for me. Get married as soon as possible. Alright?"

I hesitantly nodded.

Now, can you call Y/N inside?" she said.

"Ok. Y/N! Come here!"

Y/N opened the door and popped her head in.

"You called me?" Y/N said.

"Y/N, come here. I have to tell you something." Ji eun said.