PLAN x OF x ATTACK

Start from the beginning

"You should learn to lock your door." It was Kira's voice, directly behind me. Deep in thought, I had failed to detect her footsteps, though they were silent and swift, as expected of a trained assassin.   

"You should learn not to 'creep' up on someone." I turned with a smile. "Besides, would locking it have made a difference to you?"

"No. But to others, perhaps." She replied, sitting down in the vacant chair beside me.

I poured myself more wine and swirled the red liquid in my glass. "What others do I have to fear?" I mused, savouring the drink. "Oh, and if you had hoped to catch me in the shower, I'm afraid you were half an hour too late."

"As if! I have standards, thank you very much." She scoffed, snatching the bottle of liquor from me and taking a drink.

"We're drinking from the bottle now? What happened to not wanting to be intoxicated around a 'creep' like myself?"

"I think I've interacted with enough creeps today, one more couldn't hurt." She shrugged, no doubt referring to the three gatekeepers she had to deal with earlier. I had better not be labelled as the fourth.

"And what of your standards?" I asked abruptly, taking a sip of wine. "Do I meet your standards now?"

"No. Of course, not." She quickly replied, concealing any hint of surprise, though the light flush in her cheeks told me otherwise. Aw, she's blushing. Either that or the alcohol was getting to her. I chose to believe in the former.

"Is that so?" I teased, wanting to get more of a reaction out of her.

"Positive." She said firmly.

"That breaks my heart." I placed a hand dramatically over my chest. "You truly are ruthless."

"Thank you, it is my pride and joy." Kira replied bluntly, before taking another drink.

I looked at the bottle still in her hand, noticing that there was little more than a quarter left. "That is fine wine, you know? It is a drink intended for tasteful savouring, rather than quenching thirst." I pointed out and took the bottle from her, pouring her a glass before setting it back on the table. "Please, have some decorum."

"You have no right to lecture me about decorum." She groaned in annoyance and slumped forward against the table.

"I have every right. I like to consider myself the epitome of sophistication, as I am sure many would agree."

She giggled at my response. "Yeah, your clown costume is quite sophisticated. I'll give you that."

"My dear, you do not understand sophistication."

"What? And you're an expert in the subject?" She joked, mocking my accent. "Hisoka Morow, the magic clown, at your service.

That was not very nice. I gave her an annoyed look, though I couldn't deny that accent was admittedly accurate. Kira continued to laugh until the joke was no longer funny. Not that it was particularly humorous to begin with.

God, was she drunk? I never even knew she was capable of laughing until I had seen her with alcohol in her system. It was a nice change but tonight wasn't a good time. Unfortunately, I still had plans later.

"Perhaps you should stop drinking," I said, taking the bottle of wine away from her again. After downing her glass, she had gotten her claws on the bottle once more.

"Relax, I'm not even tipsy."

Oh, she was beyond tipsy. However, I didn't see the point in arguing on this matter. Similarly, you couldn't convince a fool to recognise their own foolishness. This was going to be a problem.