Fourteen

I've been busy. Enjoy.

He'd expected it to be bad, horrible even but never had he expected it to be like this.

Karl stood in the center of the community house, crimson vines covered nearly every surface. As he made his way outside he was met with a similar sight. Bits of the prime path were blown up, everyone seemed to have given up on repairing the creeper holes.

The brunette slowly made his way across the lands calling out now and then for his friends or anyone who was able to answer.

No answer came.

"What happened?" He finally asked.

"I think you know, dear traveler,"

"No, I really don't," He shook his head and stopped in front of a large crater. His eyes widened as he took in the mass destruction of what he could barely recognize as L'Manberg. "They blew it up again?"

"It would seem so,"

"Who did it?" He whispered.

"Dream,"

Karl's eyes widened and he shook his head slowly.

"Oh, and I believe the piglin helped him as well,"

"I know he hated L'Manberg but he wouldn't go this far..." He mumbled. A weight settled on his shoulder but he didn't move, eyes staring into the deep hole. "Dream cares about the server. He wouldn't willingly hurt it like this... Right?" He asked in an almost desperate tone. A hum sent small vibrations down his arm from his shoulder.

"It seems you might be wrong,"

"I-I don't understand," He turned to face the voice but was met with an empty space. Karl whirled around and found the hole was gone replaced by a wall of cracked obsidian. Something wet hit his nose causing him to jump in surprise and look up in alarm, only seeing the purple liquid of crying obsidian. "Where am I?" He asked but was given no reply other than a harsh thud.

Karl whipped around with his arms raised defensively but stopped short when he realized he wasn't the one in danger. The young man's hands covered his mouth as he took in the sight before him.

Two figures, nothing but silhouettes in front of what seemed to be a curtain of lava behind them. One collapsed onto the floor the other standing over the first with a heaving chest. Blood covered their fists and sleeves. They stood there staring at the downed other for what felt like forever. How long it really had been was beyond Karl, who had not moved an inch much less breathed. His eyes moved to the fallen figure and felt his breath hitch as the light flickered enough to show who it was.

Baby blue eyes framed by bloodied blonde hair stared into his soul.

More shuffling caught Karl's attention prompting him to move his eyes back to the still-standing figure. The time traveler stifled a yelp under his hoodie sleeve as he spotted acidic green eyes boring into his very being.

I want to leave. Please just take me home now, I've seen enough.

"Are you sure, dear traveler?"

Karl sobbed and nodded fervently as the twisted version of his friend stepped closer.

Take me home! Please!

A small hum resonated within the back of Karl's mind and his vision instantly was obscured by a bright light. When the male opened his eyes he was back in his library, waking up with a sharp gasp. He shot up knocking his chair back and falling into a bookshelf.

With a groan, Karl stood before shaking his head and running for his door. The man ran as if he was being chased by the devil itself. With the memory of those glowing eyes, it felt as if he was.

---

"George, just talk to him please,"

"Why does it have to be me? Literally, anyone could do it. If you think it's so important then why aren't you talking to him?"

"You're the only I know he'll listen to,"

"You think if he did things would be like this?"

"George, please,"

"Fine,"

"Thank you. Trust me, it'll be worth it,"

Updates are going to be random. I have not given up just busy with other projects. Hope you enjoyed.