Eleven

Dream wasn't seen much after the entire incident, Tubbo and Tommy being the main ones watching over him. The masked man stayed at Tubbo's house afterward, the young teen saying something about how he rarely made it home to sleep there anyway. Both Tommy and Dream had shared a worried look at his words but didn't ask questions.

Tommy ended up taking residence in his old home soon enough which left Dream alone more often than not. The man didn't complain though as much as being left with his thoughts wasn't what he'd call pleasant. He didn't leave the house often but whenever he could someone always accompanied him. He'd be annoyed if it wasn't for the fact that he was rather nervous about walking around alone as well.

The others seemed on edge no matter how subtle they tried to be. It worried Dream and made him feel bad as he suspected it was most likely because of his predicament. Ranboo had been the one to sheepishly admit his assumptions to be true on his latest visit. The teen hybrid had been one of the rare visitors he got normally.

Dream had grown to enjoy Ranboo's company. The younger was easy to talk to once he got over his studdering first words at the start of each of their conversations. Ranboo also seemed keen on trying to implant some helpful advice in any way he could. On his third visit, he'd brought Dream a blank notebook.

Ranboo stated that he used one as well to keep track of things he knew would slip his mind later on. He'd told Dream that maybe he could use it a little differently and jot down any memories that came to him throughout his stay in L'manburg. The older didn't know how he could express his gratitude and told the other such, eliciting a flustered reply.

Dream sighed to himself and closed the book before leaning back in his chair with another deep exhale. He glanced out the window and debated if it was worth going out today or not. Neither Tommy nor Tubbo had come to visit him today so he had no idea where they could be and didn't think it would be wise to go look for them. But surely a quick walk to stretch his legs wouldn't hurt, right? He could just avoid anyone he ends up coming across. No problem, right?

Mind made up, Dream pushed his chair back and stood from it. He looked down at the book still on the table with a thoughtful frown playing on his features. He didn't have a place to put it but didn't want to leave it out anywhere. Dream eventually decided to take it with him and stuffed it into the pocket of his hoodie before making his way towards the front of the house.

He reached for the doorknob but hesitated to touch it. A part of him still didn't trust the idea of going outside, a voice whispered to him of constant threats that could be out there. He shook his head and twisted the knob.

The masked man peeked outside and looked both ways. He didn't see anyone and let loose a small sigh of relief as he slipped out of the house and quietly closed the door behind him. He wasn't in the mood to deal with visitors anyways, he'd been feeling rather overwhelmed ever since coming here and had yet to properly sort through his thoughts.

Dream began to hum a random tune as he moved along the buildings, he chose to avoid the main path knowing it would be just asking for confrontation. After the first instance dealing with that Dream definitely knew he didn't want to deal with something like that again anytime soon.

His thoughts began to wander and he unconsciously hopped over a stray log in his way. It all slipped by him in the heat of the moment but the little things seemed to have turned into glaring red flags and wouldn't leave him alone. Why did Tommy try to give him his armor when he'd first found him? Why did Quackity react so violently when he saw him? Who was that other person that came for him with Tommy?

Dream groaned lowly and threw his head back in frustration. He could feel the telltale signs of a migraine making its happy entrance in his head and felt his annoyance grow. Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes Dream focused on where he was and what he was doing.