Two

Honey, you've got a big storm coming.

Also, before we start. i'd like to put a disclaimer that I only have the basic knowledge of what goes down in the SMP's plotline aside from major events, like the election, the festival, and Tommy's exile. So please, try not to get too annoyed when something that you know should be addressed, isn't. And if it's so glaringly canon divergent than we'll all collectively use the excuse of this being an AU. i got excited and couldn't wait until I watched over a hundred hours of streams. I'll get around to it eventually. XD

Hope ya'll enjoy!

---

His name was Dream, at least, that's what Tommy told him.

The young man had given no sign that he'd been lying to him.

So he'd decided to believe Tommy.

---

 The two males walked back to Tommy's campsite in relatively comfortable silence. Tommy had just continued to pull Dream along through the foliage and eventually onto the beach once they left the treeline. Dream looked around curiously as Tommy led him to a small tent. The inside of the tent held the bare minimum needed for a place to be livable; it consisted of a bed, a small table with tools hanging on the sides of it, as well as a few chests placed around.

Tommy ushered him to sit on the bed while he began to rummage through a nearby chest, all while mumbling under his breath. The younger boy turned back with a few bandages in his hands and stopped in front of the seated man.

"You'll need to take off your hood so I can see the damage," Tommy told him, causing Dream to hesitate, only momentarily, before obeying and pushing the cloth back, revealing dirty blond locks matted with dirt and blood. Tommy nodded gratefully and moved to the left of Dream's head, where most of the blood was clotted in his hair. The area in question was just above the thick black strap that secured the white mask Dream could always be seen wearing upon his face.

The blonde boy reached out to gently move the strap to assess the wound, but just as his fingers came in contact with the thick leather band, Dream flinched harshly and grabbed Tommy's wrist in an iron-clad grip. The boy gasped in surprise as well as fear and shot a bewildered look in Dream's direction only to see the other staring at him as well. His body was shaking, and his mouth was slightly parted as he panted quietly.

Dream seemed to realize what he was doing and quickly pulled his hand away as if Tommy's flesh had burned his hand. Tommy stared at him in startled confusion for a moment before the tension bled from his body, and he sighed deeply. Dream looked away as if ashamed, and Tommy frowned slightly. What was so important about the mask? He wondered if George or Sapnap had ever seen Dream's face beneath it as he knew the three of them were close... or had been at least. Tommy shook his head and brought himself back to the present.

"I need to bandage that up," Tommy portended but didn't move despite his words. Dream kept his head down and showed no sign that he'd heard Tommy. The younger one tried to think of what to do next. He found himself questioning the mask's importance. Whatever attachment Dream had to it before his injury had seemed to follow after losing his memories. So it had to be very important.

"I promise not to look," He sighed eventually, and Dream perked up at his words peeking at him over his shoulder, and Tommy had to suppress a smile as he imagined the hopeful expression the other must be wearing. It was quite a strange thought to think of Dream in such a way. "I'll stand behind you the entire time," He added, which seemed to satisfy Dream enough to nod once and turn completely, so his back faced Tommy, who had moved to stand in front of the bed once more. Tommy reached for the buckle but hesitated slightly. Something about this didn't feel right.