.14

| Mia |

I kept staring at the ceiling.

Staring and staring until it vanished and I was transferred to a world unknown. . because what the actual frack?

I had this beautiful beautiful pin prick feeling in my heart. The one that wasn't letting me sleep and I had a big fat smile stuck to my face since three hours. I didn't wanna get up. Didn't want to breath.

I just. .wanted to think and think . .

My mind was trying to reason with me . Trying to be the obstacle in the way to a new land. I really wanted to step into that island but my mind had a back off  sign board up in the air.

He. .

We kissed.

Snatching the cushion beside my head, I stuffed my face into it and screamed.

I couldn't handle the excitement in my tummy. The weird anticipation of what was going to happen next?

Sitting up, I took the cushion and hugged it to my chest.

"Mia. .Mia what's happening to you. .," I whispered softly.

No matter what it was. .I had to be honest with myself.

Did I like him?

Yes.

Maybe more than like.

Than what was stopping me from taking the giant leap?

Uncertainty. .I was uncertain. There was something gnawing at my chest that I couldn't seem to identify. .

Maybe I was scared . .

Scared because it was my first kiss . I had never been kissed—

My cheeks burned when my heart recalled that moment.

Zack kissed me! Right on the lips! He wouldn't back off or give me time to breath. .he pecked and pecked when I would break the kiss . .and I didn't even realize he had taken off my glasses.

Breathless, he looked straight into my eyes. .his blue eyes darkened. .the animalistic hunger in them chilling my spine . . spiking up the excitement. .

"You keep hiding you eyes. " He asked going in . . pecking the corner of my swollen lips.

I shut my eyes .

"I like hiding myself." I was barely managing to talk . Barely holding myself in one piece.

I wanted to let go.

Let myself shatter.

"Seems like you're bad at hiding because. .," the tip of his nose touched  mine, " I found you."

We were looking into each other eyes . .souls.

The moment was so powerful . So vulnerable. So open. .it was scary!

"Zack. .what's happening between us? " I asked because I had to . .

He pulled back slightly. . taking my hands into his large ones. Slipping his fingers into mine.

"What do you think?"

What did I think?

"Honestly? I—i don't know. I just want to be clear because . .I don't want to be led on ."

I was really putting myself out there.

Not concealing anything.

He kept staring at me. .

"Zack?"

"I. . . like you ,Mia. " He said it so suddenly I wasn't ready for it. " It's time you believe me. It's time you actually believe me. This— whatever happened between us. .it's not normal. " He smiled and I had to look away . . afraid I might jump in his lap or something. .

"And what is normal?" I asked, smiling slightly. .my eyes on our hands.

"Normal is . .boring. And what we shared was the opposite of it. I saw you. . .I felt you. I kissed you and fuck—," he shook his head ," I'm not good at words."

"Oh but you're good at kissing." I teased him and his eyes widened a little . .

I laughed at his face .

A stunning smile broke out on his face and then my laugh got stuck in my throat because he pulled me in and—

He hugged me.

In an awkward manner because of our positions.

"Are you going to confess your love now?" I asked . .my chin tucked on his shoulder.

"Maybe."

His answer made me chuckle.

"10$ bucks if you say you love me."

I didn't get to hear his answer . The door bell rang and we broke apart. My body went cold!

"Zack! You gotta move!" I got up but he pulled me back by my wrist .

I was leaning over him.

He was looking up at me.

"You look scared." He observed.

"Shit sherlock! My mom is here! You gotta get up!" I tried to pull back but he didn't listen!

"I should go say hi." He smiled while I squirmed.

The door bell rang again.

This time I was the one who didn't listen to him and made him stand up. Chuckling , he stood up and I dragged him behind me . .to my bedroom.

I pushed him inside and shut the door close.

×××××××××××××××××××

The second my tired mom went in her room, I flashed to my room! My mind going wild with all sorts of crazy scenarios. Like my bra out on display—

With racing heart, I stepped in my dimly lit room. The bedside lamp was on casting an eerie light all around. My mouth went dry seeing his lean frame on my bed. .one of his knee bent.

His dark eyes watching me. .

"Come here." He said in a voice that just made my legs move on their own. The allure in his voice catching me off guard. .heart thudding I went towards him. .my hands fisted at my sides.

Slowly, I reached the beside and suddenly he sat up— startling me .

He didn't say anything.

All he did was look up and . .take my hands in his.

"Mia. .," His voice so soft. .

Why was I feeling so thirsty?

"Yeah?"

"You're addicting." He breathed out.

I rolled my eyes playfully . Trying to be nonchalant. As if my heart wasn't on fire.

"It was just one kiss—"

He pulled me down!

His hands going around my waist . .to steady me or I would have fallen flat on the bed. .or on him. .

My eyes widened at his movement.

"Right? One kiss. One kiss and I forgot myself. Maybe for some people it takes one kiss to change everything."

××××××××××××××××××