X

Deklans Pov

I sat in my office not getting any of the much needed work done. Damn , i missed Nia , just having her near me , in the same room, It made my whole mood better.

it was 11 and i decided i was going to take Nia out for lunch and finally tell her all the thoughts i held in my head. Fuck, you'd never think a billionaire like me with woman lined up would be scared to tell a woman i like her. James and i quickly pull up outside  of FLMAX inc and just like this morning there were a shit ton of Paparazzi outside, I put on my shades and walk straight into the building while ignoring every question and comment thrown my way. My Security detail clearing a path for me.

When inside FLMAX inc , I ask the receptionist were the Marketing department was and instead of doing her job she sat there starring at me as if i pulled my dick out. Before i could snap ,James had told me that she would be on the 6th floor. We get on the elevator and theres is more screaming and shouting which causes me to roll my eyes behind my glasses. We get off the elevator and start to walk down the hall , I didn't know if she had her own personal office or if she worked in the main area with cubicles. After walking around for a minute and people starting to notice who i was , I found Nias personal  Assistant .

" You work under Miss Russo ?" i ask in a stern voice.

"Yes sir , and you are ?"

" Deklan Westbrook , but please dont tell Miss Russo , id like it to be a surprise."

"Yessir"

I stand at the little desk for what felt like a lifetime when The Assistant came back and told me i could go in. So she did have her own office ...My little boss lady , I smile at the thought of her working.

I walk in  I see her with her hand on her head like the has a headache and i wonder what was causing that.

After a 10 minute conversation she told me that she still had 20 Minutes on the clock before she could leave for lunch, so i decide to pay Henry a vist.

I knock on the door and before i knew it i was being pulled into a hug

"Deklan My boy how are you ?" Hnery says

" Im fine sir , just stopping by to say hello."
"Ahhh well it's always lovely to see you Son, Drusilla hasn't stopped talking about you guys engagement."
When he said this i immediately made a stern face and tried not to react to the best of my abblities.
"Haven't you received any phone calls from my mother ?" i say trying not to tell him about his daughter.
"Ahh i have not spoken to Cordeila ...i've been so busy at the office i barely have time for my phone ."
That explains why he thinks me and Drusilla re still getting married. Mid conversation both of our phones buzz and we pause to see the large headline
Deklan Westbrook and His Marketing Mistress!
i was already infuriated at the headline and our business being put out but the fact that they kept calling Nia a Mistress only angered me more.
before Henry could say anything i quickly say " Drusilla and i were never getting married ,my mother was calling to tell you that."
" very well ... who is the Woman picture ?" he asked.
I contemplated on answering but decided the truth wouldn't hurt.
" Nia Russo" i say happily ,but the look on Henry's face was the opposite.
"Deklan ...Deklan ...Deklan why would you want to be with that Monkey when you could be with Drusilla ?"
This Statement Angered me to the core ,but instead of arguing with him i chose the simple answer .
"No thank you Henry ,and Nia Russo will be quitting as well."
"Well ...Very well il be letting Miss Russo go." he said with a shrug.
I grabbed my phone and glasses and walked out his door ready to grab my Nia and leave.

Busting out the door, i walk as if nothing had happen and walk back to the elevator to the 6th floor. I get off the elevator and without speaking to anyone i walk straight into Nia's office.

"Pack up all your stuff" i say annoyed that i didn't think to set her office up yet.

"Why , I thought we were just going to lunch " she says putting her things on her desk in a Never full. That made me smile at the fact that she had her own money.

"Well dear ... you've been let go.." i say softly.

"WHAT ?" she said looking as if i killed her puppy.

"Henry has let you go... and i know your upset BUT i have a proposal for you that we can discuss over lunch."

She lets go of the breathe shes holding and says " Ok fine ."

I hand her the shades in my hand  and instruct her to put them on .
"Deklan i know how sunglasses work " she says sorta annoyed that i thought she did understand.

"Ik my Dear " i say slightly chuckling. I grabbed her hand giving it a slight kiss and holding it.

She seemed to relax under my touch.

"Gather her things and have them moved to the Westbrook" i tell my security.

I continue to hold Nias hand while leading her through the now crowded hallway to the elevator , and once in the elevator i couldn't stop staring at her. She looked to gorgeous, Before i could even think i grabbed her and kissed her in the elevator. She kissed me back. Did she like me ? Before i could breakdown the situation , the elevator door opened i grabbed her hand and lead her back down to the car and we quickly sped off.

Not even 10 minutes in the car i heard everyones phone going off and i reach into my pocket and looking at the headlines i was stressed.

Deklan Westbrook and New Boo cause mass commotion at FLMAX inc , I was relieved that it wasn't a negative post ,but upset at how up close and personal the post was. I didnt like that fact that her face and business was all in the public.

Once we arrived at the Restaurant for lunch ,Nia looked quite happy if not excited.

"ZUMA" she says practically jumping up and down.

" Yes dear "i say leading her inside.

"Reservation for 2 under Westbrook" i say to the Woman at the front

"Ah yes the Westbrooks , right this way"

When i heard her refer to Nia as Mrs.Westbrook my heart swooned. We walked to the private room that i had rented for our lunch so there would be no distractions or interruptions.

"Deklan this is too nice, we could have gone to the little cafe near my job ... well old job" she says

"Nonsense it was nothing to get us here and i wanted it to be a special place "

Our waiter came out and took our orders while bring the most expensive Champagne they had.

"Why did you want to make our lunch special?" she asked rising her eyebrow and sipping her wine.

"Nia Michelle Russo Im a grown man , almost 27 years old and some how you've caused me to have the feelings of a schoolboy. Nia Michelle Russo I like you and i would like to pursue you and make something out of us.

"Deklan do you real-" she starts but i cut her off.

"Yes Nia, this is serious.. I want to try to make something out of us and i want to work with you . I feel like when your around me everything is just better. I didn't get shit done today because you were near me."

The look on her face said im not sure but her eyes screamed yes.

"Deklan i dont want to be your flavor of the week or worse-"

"You'd never be my flavor of the week , Im out of that phase in my life. I want to settle and if i do its with you ."

I could see her thinking and deciding on what to do , I bet she wanted to say yes but didn't want to sound like a gold digger.

" Deklan i like you too but i dont want to ruin my privacy and what if we dont work?"

"Id be willing to work on us untill we cant anymore ." i say quickly.

She thinks for a couple moments later and finally says " We can try .... BUT we have to set some ground rules ."

She was officially mine.