46 ~Broken Heaven : 1~

Start from the beginning

Arnav gulp the lump in my throat and suppress the urge to scream aloud.. Before he could swallow the pills, his phone rang, snatching my attention. Whenever his phone rang Arnav felt a spark of hope in his heart thinking it was Khushi, but he experienced that hope dying every single time.

It was never Khushi.

" This better be good or I will kill whoever you are," Arnav barked into the phone.

" Good to hear from you too Arnav," it was Arnav's private investigator, Nandkishore Khurana, aka NK. He had worked for the Ray's for years. He was the only one Arnav could trust with Khushi. Arnav straightened in his seat. " Any news on my Khushi?" He could hear my heart racing , like it knew what was going to happen before he even did.

"I need you to come to your office right now. There's something you need to know that I can not tell you over phone." NK said in one go...

" Is Khushi okay?" Arnav asked again consciously. If he said anything other than yes, he would set the whole world on fire.

" Just come to your office." NK did not answer his question and before Arnav could ask again, he hung up.

Arnav covered the 30 minutes distance to office in five minutes. Arnav was shaking, he felt like his heart would jump out of his throat any minute. Khushi had to be okay. She was not allowed to be anything but okay. Arnav's mind was blank as he ran to his cabin. Most of his staff had gone home, it was quite late in the evening he realized. Arnav opened the door with a bang to see NK waiting for him, with Aman sitting next to him. It took Arnav just one look at Aman's face to know whatever it was that they were going to tell him was really, really bad news.

" Where is she?" Arnav asked, breathless. " She is fine , right?" Aman looked at him, Arnav could see the disappointment in his eyes.

NK stood up, followed by Aman . They eyed each other, then they looked at Arnav. Neither of them said a word. The room was frighteningly silent. The only thing any of them could hear was Arnav's heart racing, wanting to explode in anticipation.

NK walked to him, then pulled a chair close to him, " Sit and please calm down."

Arnav pushed the chair away, his stance was getting aggressive as he glared at them. "Where the fuck is Khushi?"

" We don't know," NK replied.

" What do you mean you don't know?" Arnav took a threatening step towards him when Aman interrupted. "We don't have any news on Khushi yet, but.."

" But what? I am not a patient guy, especially not when it comes to Khushi. So whatever the fuck it is, say it before I lose it." Arnav spoke out of his gritted teeth.

" We don't know where she is, but we have an idea about who she could be with." NK informed.

" Who?" Arnav felt the aggression leaving his body. He was losing the fight, he just needed her back.

"After looking around the whole Delhi, I looked into what you told me about the car accident and the doll. We traced the car using the CCTV cameras around your office parking and we had the peon who delivered the doll investigated. Both of them were paid to do what they did, paid by the same person."

" First tell me why did you take so much time to trace the CCTV footage?" Arnav angrily barked at NK.

" If you are forgetting, I looked at the CCTV at the first day but it was tempered.. After loads of trying finally I retrieve few clips..." NK looked at him skeptically before he continued. "This is going to be a shock for you to know about the person but you need to know."