Chapter 27

12:40pm

15, April 2021

Small droplets of water start to fall on the ground then came a down pour. Xingfu didn't reply to Wang Cheng and only stood there silently. The rain kept pouring with no sign of stopping and it chilled the entire place as well as their hearts.

Xingfu sighed, turning to face the door and opened it. He knew Wang Cheng was still outside there in the rain.

He had many thoughts and he wanted to ask why Wang Cheng lied to him and what Wang Cheng want to do.

However when he saw the usually proud man stood at the door with pale face and dim eyes, Xingfu's heart had already softened quite a bit.

At this time, Wang Cheng was like a person who did something wrong and didn't how to make amend for it. It was true because he had never coaxed someone before even if he did anything wrong.

The only exception was the person in front of him. He had already said what he had to and he was afraid that speaking too much would just sound like excuse and made Xingfu even more upset.

So both of them just stood there silently staring at each other.

After a while Xingfu said "come inside."

Wang Cheng didn't move.

Seeing him like this, Xingfu was furious. "Yes, I forgot that I am just a lowly commoner. How could I ask his highness to dwell in such a humble..."

Before he could finished, Wang Cheng walk inside. There was quite some distance between them but Xingfu could feel the chill emanated from the man and somewhat metallic smell. He frowned and his sight fell on Wang Cheng right knuckle which was bloody.

"What are you doing?" Looking at the person who was soaked from head to toe, Xingfu anger finally erupted. "Are you a fool? The weather is so cold and you dare to soak in the rain?"

"I didn't even scold or hit you. Why are you hurting yourself?"

Wang Cheng stare at him with his dark eyes and didn't say anything.

Xingfu couldn't help scolding this person. "If you did something wrong then apologize. Do you think hurting yourself will solve the problem?"

"I ask if it will solve the problem! Are you mute now? Speak!"

"I'm sorry I was wrong." His hoarse voice was full of caution and his eyes were fixed on Xingfu. "I apologized but you didn't respond so I became anxious and angry at myself."

Xingfu laughed sarcastically. "Then it is my fault now?"

Wang Cheng could no longer kept his calm. His hands trembled slightly. "It is my fault. Xingfu, don't leave me."

"If you know that you are wrong then you should reflect on your mistake and never do it again"

Xingfu wanted to scold him some more but seeing Wang Cheng trembling hands and the person in front of him was too scared to speak he couldn't do it.

Looking at Wang Cheng bloody knuckle he felt even more uncomfortable. His tone became a tad bit gentle. "Give me your hand."

The skin was broken and much of the blood was washed away by the rain but blood was still oozing out. Luckily the bone was not broken. "Does it hurt?"

Wang Cheng shook his head.

"Go change your clothes first then I will treat your wound."

"It was all soaked by the rain."

Xingfu. "......."

That's right. He threw Wang Cheng belonging outside.

"Then take off your outer garment and sit down"

Xingfu opened the trunk at the corner and took out the some medicine bottle. He used to get hurt a lot when hiking the mountain so he had medicine at home. Luckily it was still in good condition.

"Put out your hand."

He found a clean cloth to wipe the blood from the knuckle and sprinkle the medicine powder on it.

Xingfu frowned while looking at the wound. He must have repeatedly punched something.

"It doesn't hurt." This skin injury was nothing as long as he could coax Xingfu.

Xingfu finally stopped frowning after he finished dealing with the wound. "Why did you lie to me?"

"It was love at first sight." Wang Cheng lowered his head. "I can't think of any excuse to make you stay."

Now that he said it out loud, it was rather embarrassing.

Xingfu, "........"

What a scum.

"I'm the one to blame. I had many opportunities to explain but I didn't make it clear."

"If I use my real identity... I'm afraid that you are not willing to get close to me."

Wang Cheng clasped Xingfu's hands. Xingfu didn't push him away, afraid that he might touch Wang Cheng's injured hand.

"I want to keep you by my side too much. Too many people are afraid of me and called me ruthless."

Wang Cheng casted his eyes down at their intertwined hands. His voice trembled slightly. "I never had anyone close to me and sincerely like me as a person so i don't dare to let you know who I am."

"That's nonsense. How can I misunderstand you because of other people?" Life in the palace must have been so miserable. This was the first time he had seen such a fragile side of Wang Cheng.

"Xingfu you are the only person who treat me sincerely. If you leave I really don't know what to do."

"Are you a fool?" The anger was gone and Xingfu felt really helpless. "Wang Cheng, if you tell me from the beginning that you are the one who help me from that place I would have been really grateful to you. Because if you didn't come on that day I really don't know which place I would be sold off to. You were hiding from me for so long because of such trivial things?"

Wang Cheng still held onto Xingfu's hands but his eyes looked away bitterly. "Xingfu, I'm sorry. If staying with me make you feel bad. Then I will..."

"What will you do? After playing with my feeling for so long, now you are tired and don't want to play anymore?" Xingfu laughed at him mockingly.

"That's not true!" Wang Cheng clasp Xingfu hands even tighter making the blood seeping from his wound.

"Wang Cheng let me ask you, do you like me and willing to cherish as the only one forever?"

"I am willing."

"Really?"

"Really." Wang Cheng nodded heavily.

Xingfu sighed. He pried his hand out of Wang Cheng clutch and hugged the other man.

He closed his eyes and listened to Wang Cheng's heartbeats. "Then remember what you said today. This is our oath."

"Xingfu, Thank you." Wang Cheng hugged Xingfu back. His hand felt a bit sting but his heart was finally at ease. He could do anything as long as Xingfu is willing to stay even if he had to sell misery and use his fragile side to gain sympathy.

Xingfu thank you for giving me another chance.

A/N: I finish watching AOT recently and i feel so empty for some reason.  (┬┬﹏┬┬)

Don't forget to vote! Gimme that star o(*°▽°*)o